Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

7/25/2007

Deathly Hallows and The Order of the Phoenix

Posted by Gwen |

THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST.

I am loving the new book, Deathly Hallows. Because of the intense hype and craziness I'm a little reluctant to talk about Potter - I don't want anyone to think I'm "one of those" - but the stories and characters are so well written that I simply can't stop myself.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with the size of the book. Yes, size does matter. Especially when reading, guttermind. I love that there are oh-so many pages to savor but I hate the time it's taking me because of the increased odds of getting hit with a spoiler. Thus far, I've avoided any of that nastiness. In fact, I'm getting pretty good at tuning out what I don't want to hear because I still don't know what happened on The Sopranos.

Yes. You heard right. I don't know and don't even think about telling me. All two of you reading this, please step away from the keyboard. Leave me in peace until the DVDs come out. (I'd check the date but I'm afraid to run any search for "Sopranos.") Want to come over and marathon-watch with me when they do come out? We'll make pasta, eat roasted garlic and drink red wine. And play with toy guns. And have strippers. Wait, no strippers. Sorry, I lost my head for a second.

Anyway, I'm a little more than half done with the book. I expect I'll finish by Sunday. I've been staying up until midnight every night reading. Maybe that's why I had the patience of a two-year-old yesterday.

Damn! I just looked to see how many chapters there are (36, I'm on 22) and saw that the last chapter is called, A Flaw In The Plan. Now I'm going to obsess over what the hell that means until I'm done. Wish I knew some sort of forgetting spell.

Oh, yeah, the movie . . . Order of the Phoenix . . . it's the best one yet. I liked all the others because, well, they were Potter. But this one is just good. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. And slack-jawed. And pretty.

I didn't see much of interest in the previews. I did see this. As if our little girls need MORE vapid role models. I think I just got dumber simply thinking about this movie. I mean, seriously, the plot keywords are, "Food Fight / Fashion / Based On Toy / Doll." Amy Poehler's Aunt Linda and I both say, "Gaaaaagh!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula Abdul was supposed to be working on that Bratz movie in some capacity.. It's been the source of many tearful fits on her reality show so far - which is the only thing that makes it halfway entertaining.

Subscribe