Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

8/25/2007

Big Brother Bullets - 08/23/07

Posted by Gwen |

I was on a plane Thursday night when this aired so my Tivo caught it for me. However, it must have been storming or windy here because there's a section of the episode that Tivo didn't capture. And it's right after we see Jen in the pantry jumping on Dick's cigarettes.

I was dying to know what happened so I did some websearch. I'm going to discuss what I read but keep in mind I didn't actually see what BB aired; I might have picked up more info than was actually aired because a lot of the authors of these BB discussion sites watch the Showtime after-hours show and the live feeds.

It's my understanding that BB replaced Dick's ciggies because the rules state players can hide another's property but not destroy it. After receiving his replacement smokey treats, Dick blew smoke in Jen's face and she burned herself on the lit cigarette in her effort to wave it away. In retaliation for BB replacing Dick's smokes, Jen ate real food. As a result of the eating, BB told her that she was going to receive a "Penalty Nomination" but she found a loop-hole in the rules and only received a "Penalty Vote."

Several things come to my mind:

  • You don't mess with other people's things. Period. I was shocked to see Jen pull such a stunt. (And yes, I was even very uncomfortable when Eric put mustard on Jen's pillow.)
  • There's a lot of chatter on the web that Dick burned her on purpose. I haven't been able to find any video of it but choose to believe it was an accident. What do you think?
  • I'm really curious to see how much of this was aired. Please comment and tell me.
  • I think blatant disregard for any facet of the game should result in removal.

It was quite an event. Do you think the antics of these two will change future games? Will BB pick more people like Dick to get ratings? Will they avoid it to avoid potential trouble? Will any of the rules change?

A couple other things from Thursday:

  • Dick and Danielle have been like peas and carrots lately. I have a feeling they are going to be around for a while. The tension in this game increases as the number of players decreases. Do you think their "outside the house" issues will resurface and/or intensify as the game pressure increases?
  • Yay for Jessica winning HOH! I have to admit that I despised her when the game started. I found her vacuous and annoying. But she has proven to be quite a competitor. Although, that said? I don't think she'd be in the position she is today without Eric. BTW, I missed seeing them flirt this week. Kiss already, dammit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can watch the full episode on cbs.com.

I think both Jen and Dick acted like asses. Even considering the horrible way Dick has treated Jen, I think destroying his cigarettes crossed a line.

And yes, blowing smoke towards her while she sat there eating was rude, but she was dumb to try and smack the cigarette away. It did look like he was aiming it at her a little, but she was still swatting at him. Of course she's going to get burnt!

What a bizarre episode that was.

Oh, and Hi. I'm a newcomer to your blog, and I love the Big Brother Bullets.

Gwen said...

Hi, mogavina! Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by and am thrilled you've joined the BB discussion! Come by anytime - I'll leave the light on for you!

Gwen

Subscribe