Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Posted by Gwen |

I just got done watching the Astronaut Farmer starring Billy Bob Thornton. He had a dream of building a rocket and going into space. And by golly he lived that dream. Do you know what the dream would be for me if I were Billy Bob Thornton? How about not watching Angelina Jolie take all her junk out of my house. And then it really goes down hill.

I mean seriously, you come home from work or whatever, you turn on the television, and there she is with Brad. Billy Bob assumed it was all under control when she tatooed his name on her arm. But that really just underscored the generational gap between the two. For a 50 year old guy, getting a tatoo is the equivalent of dying your twigs and berries in Indian ink. For a woman in her mid-twenties, deciding to get a tat is like choosing between, well, things that a woman in her mid-twenties would choose between. ( I turn 40 next month) (no gifts, I wear size medium shorts if you must).

I'm going to bed for awhile. And I think its going to be a long, long time.

0 comments:

Subscribe