Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

10/18/2007

This one's dedicated to Jason and bankers.

Posted by Gwen |

I read a story a while back about a woman in New York who posted a Craig's List ad asking where to find rich men. She described herself as "beautiful" and "superficial." (The latter is inherently obvious.)

The best part of this story, though, is the reply she received from a banker who I believe remains anonymous. Granted he makes a crack about the 35 and over set, but the rest of his logic is infallible. From the article:

"The mystery banker, who said he fit the bill, offered the woman an analysis of her predicament, describing it as "plain and simple a crappy business deal."

"Your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity ... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!" the banker wrote.

"So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset," he said. "Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!"

"It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease," he said."

You can read the whole story here.

2 comments:

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Thank you stupid lady, for setting our gender back 60 years. Well done! I believe that the proper term for what she is doing is "prostitution" but she's probably too busy being beautiful to bother herself with logistics.

Anonymous said...

That better not be this Jason!!!

Subscribe