Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

12/20/2007

A Christmas Favorite, Rediscovered

Posted by Gwen |

While shopping yesterday at lunch I spotted this old favorite that had been completely forgotten. These cookies are so yummy . . . shortbread with a hint of some spice that I learned this morning is anise.

It seems this Jingle cookie used to be made by someone else and was much better. More than one blogger has posted this year about how bad they suck now. You can read accounts of the glory of the former cookie here and here.

I've never had the original so I think they rock and am glad I found them again! Come by my desk at 3 this afternoon and we'll have cookies and milk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why have I never heard of, or seen, Jingles?!? I feel like I missed out on something.

Whiskeymarie said...

I haven't heard of these either. Are they named after Jingles D. Sparkletoots, the openly gay Keebler Elf?
Cause, I totally love that little guy.

Gwen said...

LM: They are only on the shelves at Christmas. I found them on a tiny endcap in the bread aisle. (?) I will save some for you.

WM: Yes. And he's hott. I made out with him once at a White Snake concert. You know, before he KNEW.

Subscribe