Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

4/23/2008

The little blue box

Posted by Gwen |

Remember the trip I took to Chicago over Christmas to have dinner with my college friends? Well, it was also my friend G-Knee's birthday and over dinner she showed me the gorgeous bracelet she had purschased for herself from Tiffany & Co. I exclaimed wildly over it and told her that I daydream about being the recipient of their trademarked Blue Box. She suggested that I buy one for myself but I explained that I wanted to receive my first one as a gift.

Fast forward three or four months and one day I come home to find I've received a package from G-Knee. Curious.

I open it up and this is what I found inside:


And this is what I found inside the box:

The stinker bought me an Elsa Peretti bean bracelet, a symbol of the origin of all things. I was FLOORED to say the least. In the card she wrote, "I think the best gifts are the ones you receive for no reason! Whenever you wear this, know that someone in Whereshelivesville thinks you're full of beans is thinking of you!"

G-Knee, girlfriend, you are too much. You can't have any idea how special this is to me. I wear it all the time and have so much fun telling this story to anyone who will listen, and even to those who won't. You are a truly wonderful friend and I am so lucky to know you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so similarly about my first little blue box! I'm so glad you have such great friends!

xox

Utah Savage said...

Now I'm all envious and shit. I have linked you on my blog roll just because everything I like causes cancer. And because every time I run across one of your comments elsewhere, I think, hot damn, that's some smart woman! Now I just envy you. I'll get over it.

Gwen said...

Heidi and Savage: Welcome, both of you! Thank you for your kind words. Did you know you're both from Utah? Apparently I'm huge there. Who knew? Don't tell Dooce. I don't want to get banned from the state.

othurme said...

And you didn't even have to put out (or did you?).

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm making my girlfriends read this post.

Anonymous said...

how wonderful! yay, g-knee!!

i'm so happy that you got your first little blue box and its pretty shiny contents as a gift. ain't life grand?

Subscribe