Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

6/04/2009

Blog Sorbet

Posted by Gwen |

Sorbet is served between courses of a meal to clean the palette and prepare it for the next dish and its flavors.  I think we need a super-sized serving of blog sorbet after all this birthday business.  Is everyone okay with lemon?


Seriously, I am pooped.  It's exhausting being the center of attention for two weeks.  I'm not complaining, but I need a break.  Sadly, there is no rest for the wicked and this weekend is BOOKED starting with attending tonight's performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor in Forest Park, followed by a Ladies Night going-away party for a friend Friday, a gathering on Saturday afternoon to eat pork butt and watch the Belmont, and ending with a home-cooked fried chicken dinner at my parent's on Sunday for . . . dare I say it . . . my birthday.  Thankfully everything but Sunday dinner is about other people so I can disappear into the crowd as the elderly are supposed to do.

Anyway, this post was supposed to be the sorbet that transitions us from the never-ending birthday course we just had to whatever comes next so here you go . . . this is a video for a song that I can't get out of my pea brain.  Enjoy.  And we shall never speak of this birthday again.

11 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

By the way, you eyelashes look super lush in your birthday photo.

Good things CAN happen after 40!

Sass said...

You are my soulmate.

Just YESTERDAY...I told someone that I had a book that I referred to as my "book sorbet." It's a book I read time and time again to "cleanse my palate" after reading other books.

I just shed a tear at how much I truly adore you...for thinking like me. hee hee.

Fancy Schmancy said...

We shall probably be speaking of this birthday for years to come!

SkylersDad said...

Birthday? Did I miss something? ;^)

mo.stoneskin said...

*sails away blissfully into a dream of sorbet mountains, ice-cream clouds and lollipops...*

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Happy Birthday once again! Hope you have a super weekend.

"They" pulled Rachel Alexandra from the Belmont. CRAP!!!


Happy Thursday!
- Jennifer

Cora said...

Mmmmm, sorbet....

Crazy Ass Beastard said...

I keep seeing you over at WM's place ... just had to come and see who the hell you are.

Anonymous said...

It just occured to me that I haven't wished you a happy birthday, so you'll have to put up with one more:

Happy Birthday!

Oh yeah, I dig your new photo.

Elderly- pfft- whatever.

words...words...words... said...

Wait, is it your birthday or something?

Soda and Candy said...

All I can think of is that bit in Monster's Inc when the Abominable Snowman gives them cups of yellow snow and says "Don't worry, it's lemon."

Subscribe