Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

1/29/2008

I have a confession to make.

Posted by Gwen |





I'm not a human. I'm just a floating head.







This is my passport photo circa March 2000. I went to the Post Office at lunch today to see if I should get a replacement. I had heard that security was beefed to the point that people were being denied access into other countries (or back in, for that matter) if their passport photo was too outdated. I don't know whether to be relieved that I don't have to slog through barrels of red tape for a replacement or to be insulted that the window clerk didn't think I needed to get a new one because she thinks I still look like that.

What was I thinking with this reverse goth look? That hair? With an ivory turtleneck? I was a self-made albino. And I wore that sweater all.the.time.

My natural hair color is a very dark brown. I am still haunted by the memory of sitting in the wash chair at the hair salon for hours, enduring pain and tears while they bleached ALL of the color out of my hair. It smelled, it burned, and it took three processes to get it out.

I thought it was pretty, but what can you expect from a floating head?

1 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Holy balls that's an awesome picture.
I had bleached blonde hair once too- I'll post the pic for you at some point.

I promise it will make you feel better about this one.

Thanks for the laugh, toots.

Subscribe