Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

1/31/2008

Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Posted by Gwen |

Last Saturday night LM and Katy and I crossed over the Mighty Mississipp' into Alton for the Riverbend Krewe of Mardi Krawlers' first annual Mardi Gras Masked Ball. We drank too much and stayed out way too late, but we didn't smoke enough because Illinois recently went smoke-free. We'll do better this weekend, I promise.


The event was held in the Ballroom of Spirits Lounge which is housed in a former (and haunted!) Masonic Temple. It's a gorgeous building and the new owners have done beautiful things inside. I was apparently crushing on Beth that night because I took 5,000 pictures of her. (I'm going to tell everyone it was because her costume rocked the house. You can't miss it in the pictures.) Anyway, she assisted with the design and palette of the Temple. She's got mad design skillz, but she shouts in her emails.

Oh, I also went Hairstyle Hunting again. Be sure to watch for the mohawk in the pictures. Rumor has it that he's a hairdresser.

This weekend's Mardi Gras festivities include the Grand Parade on Saturday. I somehow landed face first into enough spots on the Flesh Eater's float that I and my friends Johnny B and Laura (driving down from Chicago for the event) are on a float! I've done Mardi Gras almost every year since I moved to St. Louis in 1994 and this will be the first time I've been on a float. That is our actual float pictured to the left. I'm pretty stoked because it has a bathroom. There will be many photos to follow, it's just a matter of when the hangover ebbs to a point that I can sit up straight.

In the meantime, enjoy these from the Krewe Ball. Don't forget you have to click on the image once to activate the plug-in and then click on the thumbnails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see inexplicable white orbs in 2 of your pics too. Although yours actually looks like some sort of glare, but I'm going to go with the assumption that all inexplicable white orbs are ghosts. The photos of me dancing w/Number 2 made me laugh for 2 reasons. One, although I suck at partner dancing I DID teach him how to do the pretzel, which I was very proud of; Two, I remember I told him "I have trust issues" as to why I couldn't completely let loose and let him dip me at the end of the song. That and the fact that I weigh 50 lbs. more than his skinny ass. But I didn't mention that part.

Anonymous said...

Ummm... Katy has camel toe AND crazy eyes. What time was that picture taken?

Subscribe