Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

1/12/2008

The To Do List

Posted by Gwen |

I have a ton of ideas for blog posts swirling in my pea brain but haven't developed any of them into anything that will come out the ends of my fingers yet. Plus, I am super excited to be learning how to use Photoshop Elements for when I buy it, so I am busy. Really, really busy reading the Dummies book. Shut it, I'm learnin'.


So today you get my weekend to do list. Thrilling, isn't it?


1. Take down the Christmas tree. Shut it again. Yes, my tree is still up. I had the flu.

2. Finally take LM to Blues City Deli for her birthday lunch. Her birthday is in July so we're a little late on this one.

3. Laundry. By the size of the piles of laundry I have all over this house you would think I hadn't done it since I put up the tree in November.

4. Clean this house. I am typically pretty clean but there is something about the holidays that turns me into a lazy pig who doesn't care. And I have houseguests coming in a few weeks.

5. Go to Target. The most important thing on my list is a mop. I own a Hoover Floormate (almost every floor in this house is hardwood) but it has been refusing to suck up the cleaning stuff after it spits it out on the floor. In fact, the last time it worked was the last time I washed the hardwood floors. Ew. Yeah, I need to clean.

6. Find out what's wrong with the Hoover Floormate.

7. Go to Blockbuster. I have to return The Sopranos before I own it and also pick up movies for when I run out of cleaning steam. I'm going to get more of the last season of Sopranos and also try to get 3:10 to Yuma. I love cowboy movies with hot stars.

8. Call my mom. I haven't talked to my mom in waaaay too long.

9. Make a pot of Lemon Chicken Orzo soup with the leftover roast chicken that's languishing in my fridge uneaten. The recipe doesn't call for chicken but I like to add it for heft in the bowl.

10. Develop the blog posts taking up space in my head so that I can continue to entertain you.

There you have it, my weekend reduced to a list. Here's hoping I get it all done!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I only accomplished one major task today, but it was a doozy:

1. Rip vomit-covered carpet out of son's bedroom.

Yes, this required a complete gut of the room. I think I'll go lie down. Your ten tasks are overwhelming me.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Netflix has eliminated my visits to Blockbuster or any other video outlet. I also never have to deal with bumming out when they don't have the movie I want in stock.

I hope it's a fake tree and you won't have to add call fire department to your chore list.

Also am crackin' up that mom is not only included on the chore list, but taking up the rear at #8.

Gwen said...

Megan: I'm dying of curiosity over here. What happened?!

Lady: Hee. I didn't realize how funny the mom thing was until you pointed it out. Rest assured, I did that one first. And 3:10 to Yuma was out. You jinxed me.

Megan said...

It was a horrible horrible horrible stomach virus that was determined to pull every molecule out of my son's body by any method possible.

Fortunately, there are only two possible methods. Unfortunately, both methods are extremely nasty.

The carpet had to go. It was awful.

Whiskeymarie said...

My to do list:

Get organized enough to figure out what to put on your "To do" list.

Subscribe