Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

4/28/2008

Thank God it can't be true.

Posted by Gwen |

I just woke up from a dream in which I was 8 months and 3 weeks pregnant and had done absolutely nothing to prepare for the baby's arrival. Nothing. I didn't have a crib, a stroller, clothes, diapers, a car seat, a playpen. I wasn't packed or ready to go to the hospital. I was living at home and my mom could not have cared less.

It was like I was a teen who forgot to study for a test. She had no sympathy for my plight and was ready to make me take my lumps alone. Except that I was having this baby AT ANY MOMENT and was not prepared and needed help.

Weird, no?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that, my friend, was a nightmare!

sheesh...

Anonymous said...

According to dreammoods.com: To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it? This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

Although, the fact that you're unprepared for the birth seems to be the more prominent message. You like to be prepared and planned out for the most part in life, so that makes sense. Either way, SCARY DREAM.

othurme said...

Babies have cute little faces that make me happy (1).

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I have never dreamed about being pregnant or having a baby, but I have "unprepared for major important happening" dreams with some frequency.

Sometimes I dream about not being able to save kittens that are stuck in weird places. Unrelated to your dream I know - I'm just sharing.

Whiskeymarie said...

Egads, my worst nightmare.
Let us never speak of this again.

Subscribe