Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

I've only got a couple minutes this morning. I'm heading in to the office early and I need to get moving.

Last Saturday was LM's birthday but she had a family emergency out of town so we are celebrating tonight by going to Live on the Levee, a free summer concert series put on by the city. To be technical, this year it's Live at Soldier's Memorial because the riverfront was under water when the series started and they haven't moved it back. Tonight we're seeing Grace Potter and The Nocturnals open up for The Black Crowes, assuming it stops raining.

Here are some pictures from last year when we saw G. Love and Special Sauce:

LM and I with The Freshmaker

Me and My Boyfriend, G. Love.
(The arch steps were covered with people by the time the concert started.)


Baby's Got Sauce

My only other real plans for the weekend are a long bike ride and seeing The Dark Knight on Sunday. I cannot wait for either event, and also some extreme couch sitting.

Have a fabulous weekend! Be safe and have fun!

5 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

This is the funniest thing I've read all week. Like the government really didn't kill off all people 31 years ago so Falwless could enjoy her B-day with honor. That is precious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gwen. Supposedly the Black Crowes moved the start time up to 7:30 themselves because they wanted to play a longer set for me and 'Gate's birthdays. That was nice of them. Now if it would only quit raining. I see a plastic poncho in my future.

paperback reader said...

One of my record-store-working friend's favorite tales is the day the person adamantly demanded the Glove and Special Sauce CD.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

MDH and went to see him in Chicago a couple of years ago and the girls were going wild. Panties thrown. Ew.

Thumbs up for Mentos! You are so cute.

Tiffany said...

It was soooooo great seeing you! And what better reason than Lara's birthday?! Anyway, I didn't know you were a G-Love fan! Now I know I won't have to go solo when he's back in town! Love ya, girly. Stay in trouble! I mean, OUT of trouble! ;-)

Subscribe