Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Things I did yesterday:
  • - straightened up and put away everything I'd gotten out and left sitting over the past two months - shoes, scarves, jackets, papers, books, movies, you name it
  • - swept and mopped (on my hands and knees) the floors
  • - vacuumed all the rugs
  • - laundry, laundry, laundry
  • - swept the front porch and steps all the way to the street
  • - trimmed all the roses for winter
  • - cleaned the cat boxes (scrubbed clean and swept the area)
  • - swept the basement floor
  • - sorted and recycled 1,073 magazines
  • - watered all the plants
  • - screamed, "ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE!"*
  • - took a looooong, HOT shower followed by my usual moisturizing routine*
  • - winterized my bed - put on flannel sheets and the microsuede duvet cover - ahhhhh, warm
  • - harvested the lavender (I still need to get some purple ribbon so I can hang it to dry - expect sachets for Christmas!)
  • - brought in all the outdoor plants
  • - brushed the cats
  • - brought in the outdoor furniture
  • - ordered Chinese and ate it
  • - fell asleep on the couch at 9
The last bouquet of the season.

And today I'm going to see a matinee of The Color Purple at The Fox with Leslie.

* these items added subsequent to comments from loyal readers who graciously pointed out omissions

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you were productive! I wish I could find that much motivation.


It's time for a reward.

Moe Wanchuk said...

You also screamed.....

"ANN ARBOR IS A WHORE!"

Dr Zibbs said...

I knew you were a liar. What about that whole shower and moisturizer routine? Huh? I don't see that on the list.

Anonymous said...

You forget the part where you set fire to abandoned warehouses!

Fancy Schmancy said...

You did more in one day than I've done in the past month. If you people would stop writing on your blogs maybe I would have time to get stuff done in real life!

paperback reader said...

Did you also cut a fool for looking at you funny? That's how I spend my weekends. Well, that and drinking too much.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero. I'd say you were my idol but I didn't see you cleaning up anything at my house. So hero it is!

words...words...words... said...

Ann Arbor WAS a whore. Now that she's married, Ann Arbor-Day is an honest woman.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm shocked that there are eight comments before mine, and yet no one has said anything dirty about you being on your "hands and knees".

I think I'll just wait this one out...

Gwen said...

Whiskeymarie: I KNOW! Their responses have been as disappointing as bear-bating during hibernation season.

Scope said...

I apologize. I understand it's usually my job to take things "blue" but I was too discombobulated wondering why you didn't have a longer broom and mop so you could perform those tasks in an ergonomic manner.

Also, is "harvesting the lavender" St.L. code for something?

Reading your Saturday inspired me to think about working on my joint, but then the effort of thinking about it, made me too tired, and I took a nap instead.

Still suffering the effects of an early Halloween party on Friday. I will not be making comments about the "Hollow Weenie" or "Peter Pumpkin Eater" in reference to the picture on the sidebar. But it made my laughlinger.

Renaissance Woman said...

WOW...that is amazing. I really need to have some of that energy. I am hoping to get half of your list done today!

LYDIA said...

I am happy you recycled all the mags.

Falwless said...

You forgot our cybersex over gchat. Oh wait, that was Friday night, never mind.

Subscribe