Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

11/28/2008

Hi!

Posted by Gwen |

The first order of business today is saying thank you to Sausage Mechanic and his wife (my coworker) Linda for making a place at their bountiful Thankgiving table for me.  Your family was warm and welcoming, the food was excellent, and I had a ball.  I felt like I was where I was supposed to be.  Thank you!


Second, while I wouldn't likely ever go shopping today, Black Friday, because crowds like that make me anxious and crabby, I have already spent $165.  On my stove.  My oven started working sporadically this spring and finally bit the dust in June.  I never got it fixed because I didn't need it, but with Christmas right around the corner and the baking bug in my brain, it was time.  I'm just thankful that it was only $165, thereby relieving me of having to decide whether or not to buy a new one.  I tell ya, this home-ownership business is a racket.

And finally, pish-posh to all of you who say it's too early for Christmas, because I am putting up my decorations today.  It's about 50 degrees outside which is perfect for cleaning and decorating the front porch.  If I get done by early afternoon, I'm doing my tree, too.  Shut it.  My candy-cane dreams are fragile and I don't want them broken.

Have an awesome day!  Eat turkey sammiches and have fun talking about your guests now that they're gone.

15 comments:

Moe Wanchuk said...

The wife wants me to bring all of the Xmas stuff outta the basement today......Bleck!

Won't she ever realize that I'm not here just to be her B*tch?

I guess being Eye Candy just isnt enough anymore.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Sounds like you had a great one! I'm glad to hear you are busily getting into the holiday spirit. Things went really well yesterday-dare I say perfect?? And with 35-we have tons to talk about now that they're gone. HAAHA! Suckas! Just kidding-I had charity in my heart yesterday.

Scope said...

Gwen - Good to hear you weren't eating Swanson's for dinner yesterday. And my mom is in full decorating mode, too. Hiding out to check the interwebs on the trusty BB.

I'll be cranking on the decorations when I get home on Sunday.

Candy - Charity was in your heart yesterday, but NOW you can totally dish! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay for the stove being fixed for (relatively) cheap! I LOVE it when a plan works out! :-)

And decorate to your heart's content honey. Whatever makes ya happy is what I say!

Dr Zibbs said...

Gobble up (cousin to the famous Bubble Up).

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome...and you're welcome to come any Thanksgiving. Each and every one of the Fam thought you were great!!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Darn homeownership...gets us every time!!!

Jennifer

words...words...words... said...

As soon as everyone gets out of your damn house after Thanksgiving dinner, it's time to get your Christmas on. I dragged out my Big Box O' Christmas Crap today too. Black Friday to me is putting up decorations and ordering pizza.

RW said...

Christmas lights can only be put out when it's 30 degrees and you re sipping whiskey on the ldder. It's an old family tradition around here. It's also why we're all dead by the time we're 60.

paperback reader said...

I you don't fix the stove, you can't stick your head in it.

Elizabeth said...

I'm going to soak up some holiday spirit from you, Gwen, even if it kills me. I'm just.not.ready!

Hooray for stove salvage.

Whiskeymarie said...

It's still too early, but in your honor I bought the cats elf costumes yesterday.
I wish I was joking.

I don't know why you fixed your stove- if my mother in-law has taught me anything, it's that one really only needs two things to cook: a microwave and a freezer to store things to be microwaved.

Anonymous said...

I put up my tree and decorations on Friday. 'Tis the season.

Also, your broken stove will not reflect on my Christmas present will it?

Fancy Schmancy said...

It's never too early for Christmas. We just finished putting the tinsel on tonight. I decided not to tackle the outside yesterday as it was sleeting and freezing rain. Electricity and water do not mix.

Subscribe