Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

11/27/2008

For the International set.

Posted by Gwen |

I was laying in bed this morning wondering what the Internet must sound like when all the Americans shut up at the same time, filling their chattering mouths with turkey and pie.


Which led me to wonder if the rest of the world will get more work done today.  Which led me to wonder more specifically about my own International fan base . . . 

I suspect Poobomber's routine won't change much . . . he'll punctuate his smoking with hilarious post after hilarious post and our feed readers will be as stuffed as we are at the end of the day.  Reading his posts will be a welcome reprieve from listening to Aunt Judy talk about her recent bunion surgery.

I heard Spud Mack has gone missing.  He was last seen carrying a brown bag full of vegemite sandwiches and muttering about finally getting some peace from the American earbashers.  I suspect he's been in the theater ever since Australia opened over there yesterday.

Katrocket can't be bothered to miss us.  She's too busy paying attention to her new blog Fire That Agency.  I guess I can forgive her callous disregard for my addiction to rocketradio because all of our favorite funny people are over there talking about bad advertising campaigns.  You should bookmark it and go back when you've recovered from your tryptophan coma but are still too stuffed to move and have to sit in one spot with your pants unbuttoned.

I imagine The Imaginary Reviewer's day filled with imagining a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in an American home and being thankful he doesn't really have to be there after this week's deluge of horror stories about creepy, angry, belligerent, intolerable family members who scared (scarred?) us as children and are still across the table.

Here's hoping you guys have a productive day.  As soon as we can escape without being noticed we'll be back to see what you've accomplished.

12 comments:

Gwen said...

One more thing: if you have a cat or cats, be sure they are within earshot when you play the cricket sounds. Hi-larious!

Anonymous said...

Hah, good guess, but I'm traveling to Ameeeeeerica today for a couple days. Today's probably the day I shut up the most out recent history!

Have a happy THXGVNG Gwenneth, eat all the frikking stuffing you can handle!

katrocket said...

Don't believe the rumours! I miss you with the fiery intensity of a thousand suns. I'm still driving by your house everyday - I've merely stopped taking photos through your windows.

Love your Xmassy blog theme!

Scope said...

I wish the Brits had a bank holiday today, too. Already got a tech-support call this morning @ 7:30. But I'm fat, dumb, and happy now.

Anonymous said...

Love crickets. I'd love to play all simultaneously at low volume and fall asleep with a smile on my face!

Dr Zibbs said...

Taking a break from the inlaws. Hope you're having a good von.

Moe Wanchuk said...

I hear that sound a lot while I'm doinkin the old lady

Spud Mack said...

I am drawing a line in the sand right here and stating that I will NEVER EVER watch the movie Australia. I hate Nicole Kidman with the intensity of a million suns!

However the blog roll is definetly empty today, but on a side note (and some self marketing) why has nobody yet commented on the piece of gold that I posted when I asked an 85 year old lady if she has ever had an erection?!? That is not just everyday humour (humor) people....that deserves respect!

Spud Mack said...

And another thing....the only person to ever really get in to using the word Crikey, was Steve Irwin. However, just to appease the yankees, Hugh Jackman's character apparently says "crikey" about 70 times in the movie.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Well, my Thanksgiving could have been worse...I was working, yes. But I did win a charity raffle, the prize of which was a large cake of my choice from Toronto's bestest cake emporium, Dufflet! Huzzah for the cake binge to come!

Gwen said...

Spud: I hear ya! She's really annoying. I might have been poking you a little to make sure you were paying attention.

IR: Congrats on the cake! I love a good "Huzzah!"

paperback reader said...

Gwen, I don't have to sit in one spot with my pants unbuttoned - I want to. I'm dedicated to my craft.

Subscribe