Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

12/13/2008

Christmas with attitude.

Posted by Gwen |

It was just a few short weeks ago that the majority of you were scoffing at me for starting my Christmas preparations and decorating but my planning has worked out perfectly and this weekend is wide open for making cards, attending parties and baking.  Yeah, that's really all I have to do - the house is clean, the decorations have been hung with care and now I am free to do the things I enjoy most about the season.  I'm currently making my list for the grocery and soon I'll be elbow deep in peanut butter and chocolate and cardstock and ribbons.  I'm as giddy as an elf who realizes he can be a dentist.


With that said here's a new Christmas song performed by The Hives and Cyndi Lauper.  Warning: this isn't your granny's Christmas carol.

14 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Pretty good.

Bella@That damn expat said...

I love it!
It sorta reminds me of Fairytale of New York by the Pogues.

Moe Wanchuk said...

Is Cyndi Lauper still dating Captain Lou Albano?

Anonymous said...

Had no idea Cyndi was still at it. She sounds as flaky as ever.

paperback reader said...

I've had this relationship, but no one wrote a song about it because they were too busy serving 7 to 10.

mike said...

I can't get it to play on my computer, so...

How's it going, Gwen? (That's all I got today.)

mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

I thought "uh oh!" after the first line!

Fancy Schmancy said...

I love it! Cyndi is awesome, has been since I was 13, she just keeps getting better! Thanks for turning me on to this.

~E said...

i would like some of whatever you are making with the peanut butter and chocolate.

Please?

Anonymous said...

Everything in my house got taken care of the day after Thanksgiving and it only took three hours. How?
(A) we found out that artificial trees look just fine without ornaments and lights.
(B) It takes less time to send out Christmas cards than to wrap presents, especially when they say: Since we haven't seen you since last Christmas, we assume you are dead and aren't buying any gifts.
(C) Christmas dinner will consist of me and my husband, sitting with other homeless people at White Castle/Crystal and not answering our cell phone.

Stephanie said...

Geez, I wish I'd started decorating early... I finally convinced the hubby to pull down the boxes this weekend! Do date: wreath on floor by front door (still haven't found the hanger), advent calendar hung (on the 14th...), stocking hung. And, uh, that's it...

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
words...words...words... said...

I LOVE this song. It sounds like Phil Spector produced it. You can't beat that girl group sound.

Subscribe