Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

3/25/2009

*le sigh*

Posted by Gwen |

So yeah, I've been in the guest bed for the past three days, unshowered, laying in a pile of the things she left behind in her haste Monday morning and talking to Max about how much . . . *sniff* . . . 

. . . about . . .*sniff* . . . 


 . . . about how much we fucking love her.




I find that wearing her bra helps keep her close to my heart.

I miss her so much.  It's too quiet and normal around here now.  


I'm really glad that we fucked up, drinking until 5 or 6 am when she had a 10:55 am flight, because I don't think I'd have been able to let her out of the car if I'd been sober when I dropped her off.

The entire weekend was awesome - tons of food, tons of booze, and sightseeing and talking to strangers and whacking my elbow and losing my camera case - but the highlight of the whole thing for me was was racing across the hall Monday morning with just 40 minutes to get her to the airport yelling "DUDE!  IT'S TEN!  GET UP!  WE HAVE TO GO!  NOW!" and seeing her pop out of bed right onto her feet and realizing she'd slept in the Sacajawea costume.

How are you supposed to go on living after something like this ends?

I guess I'll just take it one Godzilla step at at time.


Crap!  I almost forgot!  I have a confession to make.  The Snapvine message left for Zibbs on Monday was actually a voice mail message we left for someone else at 4:30 am (Central.)  This person either felt bad for Zibbs not getting the Snapvine message we promised or kinda wanted to rub it in his face a little.  Either way, these are the highlights, straight from the horse's mouth/interpretation:  I chastise this person for not being awake in the time zone most conducive to drunk dialing (Pacific); Whiskey attempts heavy breathing and out of concern for her health, I ask if she's hot; a bunch of incoherence and giggling; Whiskey yells in the background, "I saw Gwen's bush!" and then I explain that we were changing costumes so it's perfectly acceptable to be naked in the dining room.







But this does not mean that we weren't thinking of The Good Doctor.  We were.  And we really did try to leave him a message, a task I'm sure a monkey could perform, but of which we were entirely incapable.

22 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

And I'm actually an idiot for not calling the two of you. I guess I didn't want to butt in. You now how I'm shy about making things about me?

On a related subject - who the hell were you calling that's more important than me?

Dr Zibbs said...

And also, I could read all week about the weekend you gals had so keep it up.

Love you guys!

mo.stoneskin said...

I also love whacking my elbow. The sharp shooting pain, the sheer banging agony, the week-long throbbing, it all conspires to be a wonderful character-building. Every Monday morning I whack my elbow.

words...words...words... said...

You guys clearly had the kind of good time that people always say they had back in college but really didn't. I'm jealous.

I also think some money could be made in the blogosphere with "I Saw Gwen's Bush!" t-shirts.

Anonymous said...

This whole experience that you had reminds me of how great it is to have friends...and also how great it is to be 7 years old.

katrocket said...

I'm jealous that you had a three-way with Poobomber! Glad you had an awesome weekend - the godzilla photo is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what the heck, I'm just another feather in Whiskey's hat?

You girls look CARAZAY, and this is coming from me .... awesome! Next time you need to videotape your antics and make a documentary. Like one of those naked documentaries where there is a lot of kissing and some sort of handyman or delivery guy that interrupts you two while you're kissing and stuff.

Sass said...

I agree with Zibbs (but don't tell him). I could read this for as long as you write it! It's cracking me up!!!

You two are nuts. And that's a good thing. ;)

Soda and Candy said...

You two are adorable.

Whiskeymarie said...

Rrrraaawwrrrr....
(that's my Godzilla voice)

I think I'm finally not hung over anymore. Today. Four days later.

We clearly need to have our own TV show.

Anonymous said...

Although I am but a new reader I must admit I enjoyed your weekend as well by living it vicariously through your photos. I will now wear bunny ears to the club this weekend in honor of your awesome weekend in hopes of having an equally great time.

Unknown said...

man, thems look like GOOD times. :)

MJenks said...

I don't think I could ever visit you, Gwen. There's too much headwear that needs to be headworn.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you lying there thinking about "her". You're too funny.

Stacey said...

She totally has that effect on people doesn't she. Damn her. I had the pleasure of meeting her last summer when she and the Mr. came to Seattle.

P.S : Each time I read about your weekend (on her blog and now on yours ) it gets funnier and funnier. I can only imagine the things that occured that you were not able to blog about..

liberalmudhen said...

good thing i didn't meet up with you all - i'd prolly still be washing my bits and pieces.

Fancy Schmancy said...

WM is on to something. I would totally watch the Gwen and Whiskey Marie reality show! They could put it on VH1 right after Bus of Love or whatever that Brett Michael show is!

words...words...words... said...

I don't know about Fancy's suggestion. I think it might give my TV the clap.

Anonymous said...

Your cat is a good listener. May I borrow him the next time I have to leave you and the rest of our friends after a fun afternoon of letter lickers, clown lamps and security guard robo cop wannabees chasing us around a university museum?
-Tam

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I loved Whiskeymarie's recount of the entire weekend! What fun! Les

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Oh ladies, I am such a sentimental fool...I have tears in my eyes. It would seem that NOW the universe is complete.

I love this post you crazy kids!

paperback reader said...

I thought you guys were like the leaders of the Free World: you've got to stay separated at all time to prevent the world losing all its reserves of Foxy.

Subscribe