Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

3/13/2009

Sass

Posted by Gwen |

Sass just texted and asked me to come here and explain why she won't be around for a bit.  Apparently her grandmother, who had been ill with Alzheimer's for some time, passed away while she was on the air today.  Knowing how much her day on the radio meant to her, her husband and mom appropriately opted to not tell her about it until she was done and off the air.  She called me immediately after the show, sobbing.  At first I thought the morning show people had been mean to her when it was over and I was prepared to drive to Springfield and punch some people in the neck.  Sadly, not the case.


As I understand things, Grandma lived in Louisiana.  Sass will be out of town for a while.  She didn't want any of you to worry or wonder why she suddenly disappeared after her radio debut.

Our gal is really hurting.  I know I don't have to ask but I will - please keep her in your thoughts and pray that she and her family can find healing and peace during this difficult time.

UPDATED TO ADD:  You are certainly welcome to leave messages for her here but if you leave them at her place she might get your comments via email.

8 comments:

Cora said...

Oh no! That is terrible! :-(

Unknown said...

thanks for passing on her message.

Unknown said...

thanks for passing on her message.

mo.stoneskin said...

Thanks for posting.

Will pray for Sass.

Anita said...

Please pass along my deepest sympathys and I will be keeping Sass and her family in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm so saddened by this! Thanks for letting us know and I'll go leave a message on her blog.

paperback reader said...

Sad times indeed.

Dr Zibbs said...

My heart goes out to her. My tears over the last few days could at least fill up a shot glass with my brother-in-law dying. Hopefully if things come in threes the next one to go will be some asshole.

Subscribe