Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

5/30/2009

Leave me alone. I'm busy!

Posted by Gwen |

Tonight is my super stupendous awesome kick-ass Rock Star Birthday Princess Week party.  I know nothing about this party other than when and where to be.  Three of my best gals have been planning and organizing and meeting without me and just generally being super awesome the past few weeks so I really can't wait for 6:30 to get here to see what they've been up to.


MY BFF from high school and her husband came down to see me yesterday.  One of her gifts was this photo of the two of us, circa 1989.  Behold the power of Aquanet:


We spent the day vintage shopping and sight-seeing and taking her husband places he'd never been, like the farmer's market and The Loop and a headshop.  I picked up three vintage dresses but the one I'm wearing tonight is a classic floor-length 70's party dress.  I still need to find shoes (don't fail me now, Payless) and clean this house (Scope's coming!) and generally prepare myself for the evening's festivities.

I have to go get busy if I'm going to get it all done but I promise to post pictures when the hangover subsides.

May the rest of your weekends be as super awesome as mine, monkeys!

14 comments:

-R- said...

Awesome! Have a great party!

Soda and Candy said...

That hair truly is amazing.

Have a great weekend, Party Princess!

: )
S&C

Fancy Schmancy said...

I hope you have a great time! You deserve it!

Anita said...

Have a great time and Happy birthday!

Cora said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Can I ask you a favor? Could you give Scope a big, BIG hug for me since I can't be there and all?

*sniffle*

Nothin' crazy, you know - just a simple sweet heartfelt hug.

Maybe a kiss on his cheek.

Or a sneaky kind of grope that can be passed off as an innocent mistake ("what, Scope? Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. Curse you for being so tall!")

And of course a good, hard pinch on his ass.

Could you do that for me, Gwen? Thanks!! You ROCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome hair! Makes me want to throw on some Milli Vanilli!

I hope you have a great time!

words...words...words... said...

Ah, that hair takes me back to high school.

And I doubt I will EVER have a weekend as good as the weekend you are having/about to have. Have a blast!

SkylersDad said...

Have a great time, try not to get arrested - again...

mo.stoneskin said...

You know I would have been there if there wasn't one zillion miles of ocean between us right?

Hope you have a great time.

rachaelgking said...

I'm about to have my 7 favorite ladies over for an impromtu "let's pretend we're not almost 30" slumber party! Wine and 80s music dance party!

Have a blast this weekend ;-)

Sass said...

Party your little patootie off, my friend...

Love ya!!!

J.J. in L.A. said...

I hope you have a happy birthday! Don't be the 1st person to pass out at your own party, okay?

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Yes! You are the party princess indeed! Hope it's a great one!!

BeckEye said...

Have a great time! You should totally tease up your hair and spray the shit out of it.

Subscribe