Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

A thin pocketbook and temperatures surpassing a blistering 100 degrees recently gave me way too much time to sit and stew about my life and how I got "here" and how it isn't at all what I had planned or expected and how I desperately needed a haircut.

So, on Friday afternoon, about two hours before I was scheduled for said haircut, I decided to make a change, to do something unexpected and bold, something a little crazy. While the cliché remedies for a mid-life crisis are sports cars and affairs, I already drive a sports car and I have no one to cheat on, so I got a different kind of wild hair up my ass - a pink one:


I called my stylist, told her what I wanted to do and BAM! by eight o'clock that night my hair had been cut and my bangs had been pinked. And I gotta tell ya, I feel much better. I've got my sass back, my edge, my joie de vivre, if you will. I don't care if it's too hot to go outside, I've got pink hair, suckas.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Mighty Hunter said...

Fantastic. Well done, you.

SkylersDad said...

You look awesome with the pink! And I bet Mr. Joey DeVivre (whoever that is) really likes it also!!

Unknown said...

I love your wild ass pink hair! Very attractive "do"!

Dr Zibbs said...

I love it. Suits your styyyyle.

Cora said...

AHHH!! I'm LOVING it!! Utterly FABOO!!

Scope said...

Pink; Like my favorite cray-on.

words...words...words... said...

Pink hair is a weakness of mine. Excellent!

Bryan said...

Go here and select "You make me feel like dancing"...sit back, listen, smile and enjoy your haircut!

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=leo%20sayer

Juz said...

Looks awesome.
Like we say here in SA - Lekka!

McGone said...

You finally got that job as a back-up dancer for Rihanna, didn't you?!

I love it. High five yourself for me.

Cowguy said...

Hubba hubba and Raaaarrrr!

You little minx you.

Son of a Thomas said...

Ahem!. Where do I start. First let me say I love it. Once again you prove you can even out fabulous you.

Now.....
1) Does the carpet match the drapes?
2) Can I be part of your mid life crisis?
3) How long were you "asleep" in that daiquiri??

All because I love you.

Elizabeth said...

You're in the pink!

(cue the groans)

MommyLisa said...

Ohhh! You need to borrow my pretty pink-y madras shorts for that new doo!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

That looks awesome!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

- Jennifer

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

You look great and you smell nice too. I don't really know that part for sure about smelling nice, I mean, but I bet you do. Like strawberries probably.

Sassy girl!

Mr. Condescending said...

I love it, thanks for giving me a reason to wack off tonight. har har

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! And I can totally relate to feeling good by doing something edgy. That's just how I felt when I got my toungue pierced!

Subscribe