Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

I'm not so full of hubris that I can't admit when I made a mistake. When I published the post below I assumed that everyone had been raised by a very young mother, surrounded by her pop culture preferences like, say, The Beatles. I mistakenly assumed everyone was as familiar with their lyrics as I am. My bad.


To prove I'm not a ginormously pompous smarty-pants, I've returned to clarify that I was referencing the last verse of A Day In The Life:
I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you on
I was out with friends last Saturday night and while we were having dinner I noticed that the apartment building next to the restaurant is named "Albert Hall." It cracked me up and I hoped to make you laugh as well. Eh, they can't all be winners.

This video, set to "A Day In The Life", is quite well done and contains some great old footage. I hope you enjoy it more than you did my last post.


P.S. Special thanks to my IRL friend Bryan Bean who was as confused as the rest of you, but googled what the hell I was talking about and posted a clarifying comment. Thanks for reading and caring, Bean! Consider yourself hired as an EILCC Editor.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the video!

MommyLisa said...

You know I was totally confused and I LOVE that song. mpf. I feel dumb now! ;P

SkylersDad said...

I was confused, but that is my normal state so I didn't notice it.

I was raised more on CSNY.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I just turned it into a Prince Albert in a can joke and I was fine with it.

Son of a Thomas said...

I got it. And if you dig that tune....check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBqk-0gWfQ

Whiskeymarie said...

Isn't it just like a pompous smartypants to go and apologize.
(You can't see it, but I'm sticking my tongue out at you now.)

Scope said...

COnfusion? Just a day in the life...

But as someone who often recites song lyrics and quotes moviews to a befuddled or confused audience, I must say, there are some jokes you just have to do, even is 99% of the people aren't going to get it, just to amuse yourself.

Gwen, it's ok to pleasure yourself. Wait, that didn't come out exactly right.

Nicolay said...

don't know about the rest of these cretins,
Gwennie, but 1) I got it; and 2) I laughed my ass off at your clever joke. Ha, cretins, ha!

Brenda said...

they are rude Nicolay better shut up you really think the queen or king what thou

Subscribe