Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

8/28/2007

I'm already excited for fall.

Posted by Gwen |

I was outside Sunday doing yard work. I was out there doing stuff that I wouldn't actually be doing yet if we'd had a milder summer. Stuff like pulling the dried husks of my formerly gorgeous potted plants, sweeping acorns and leaves dropped by the neighboring oak tree, and making plans for next year.

And then all of sudden I realized how ready I am for fall. I got a little misty imagining myself pulling out my favorite boots and jeans because the air is cool and crisp. I remembered going apple picking with my mom last year and how much fun we had on the hay wagon. I pictured a living room filled with my friends lounging in front of a football game. I could even smell a big pot of chili simmering in the kitchen. But the best? The thing that made me want to hop in the old De Lorean and jump ahead about thirty days?

Merb's Bionic Apples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping with the windows open and waking up in the morning when there is a cool, crisp breeze blowing through and its almost too chilly to get out of bed... Bring on Fall baby! Bring it on! I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

You know what I love best about fall's arrival? It means summer is OVER. Nuff said.

Subscribe