Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

So remember how I said I was going shopping for a new desk chair? I got one! I got a really nice one. I left the house with a spending limit of $100 and the knowledge that The Right Chair could make me spend more. This one did. It is extremely comfortable so I will no longer crippled by the hours I spend blogging and reading I Can Has Cheezburger.

I went to Big Lots first. Always check there first because you never know what they are going to have at any given time. And when you can find what you are looking for? Always cheaper.


Anyway, Big Lots had a pretty good chair and it was under $100, but I knew I could do better. After setting up a highly scientific experiment (leaving my full cart in the aisle at Big Lots with the intention of coming back later to see if it was still there - it was) I went down the street to Office Depot where I found The Throne. The Throne is leather, is comfortable, and isn't too big for my tiny antique desk. The two pieces don't exactly match but my sciatica doesn't care about matching.



I also picked up a couple cat beds for The Boys. As soon as I took the tags off this one, Max was in it and sawing logs. This wasn't even the one I intended for him - it's the smaller of the two that I bought. He barely fits in it, but since I haven't been able to get him out of it I guess he doesn't mind.








Skylar, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with his. He preferred to sit smack-dab in the middle of the "some assembly required" zone of the living room.










And finally, I made a deal with myself that I could have this little guy if I waited until after Thanksgiving to put up my Christmas tree. He's going to be cute as crap out front when there's a pile of snow all around him. You should come over and have some cocoa with us.







UPDATED TO ADD: OMG. I never saw this one coming. Last night while I was writing this, Skylar kept sitting on the keyboard. This is typical. He is attached to me like a familiar - he's compelled to be in the middle of whatever I am doing (see picture above.) I took the opportunity last night to introduce him to his new bed. I put it on the floor next to my desk, threw a couple pieces of kibble into it and then forgot about it. At one point I noticed he was eating the kibble and seemed interested in the bed. I grabbed the camera to capture the moment. What I failed to realize was that the shape of the bed is familiar to him. This video is dark but you won't miss the point.



I still can't believe I captured this moment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am laughing my ass off right now! How you managed to get THAT on video I will never know, but thank you. I needed that this morning.

Anonymous said...

Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song"

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

HOLY CRAP! (literally) That is fantastic. Maybe only round cats beds going forward?

Sauntering Soul said...

I'm here via Lizgwiz.

This is one of the funniest things I've seen all week. I'm cracking up!

Gwen said...

@Anonymous: Hon? You can't win if I don't know who you are.

@SS: Welcome! I'm glad the little "pisser" made you laugh. He gets me all the time.

Bruce Johnson said...

I don't think Skylar likes the bed.......

Girl Interrupted said...

Hahaha ... oh, that was soooo funny! I sat here with my hand over my mouth, torn between my horror at knowing what was coming and laughing hysterically :P

Thanks for sharing, Gwen, that's given me the biggest laugh of the day so far!

Cup said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! My tuxedo, Maggie, will do that to prove she's the alpha being in our home.

Moxie said...

That was a riot - hearing you yell and move the camera was the best part.

Subscribe