Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

12/16/2007

I want my kitten back!

Posted by Gwen |

Have you seen me? I'm lost, there's been a snowstorm, and my mom's really upset.

Somehow I managed to lose my baby cat, Skylar. I'm not kidding. He was here Friday morning when I was getting ready for work but come Saturday morning I couldn't find him.

I got home about 10 pm Friday night. There was a package on the front porch so I opened the front door to get it and then my next door neighbor Betty was out on her porch, too, so we visited. The only thing I can think happened was that he slipped out when I was talking to her and not paying attention.

I am heartbroken. I rescued him in the summer of 2006 because Max needed a friend and he has since become the glue of this household. Max won't stop pacing the house looking for him and crying. I guess that makes two of us.

I have checked every corner, every possible hidey-hole and cabinet and closet in this house. At this point he's been missing so long that I consider it impossible that he's still in here. I went out yesterday between snow storms to canvass the neighborhood. I checked under bushes and any other place in which a little cat could find refuge. I made a flyer but was out of ink so I will get those out after work tomorrow. Besides, we now have 8 or more inches of snow and I can't get out until the streets get cleared.

Please pray that Max and I find our little buddy. LM reminded me not to give up hope - that he's so sweet someone has probably taken him in and will call the Humane Society as soon as this weather clears. My friends have all told a story or two about some cat they used to have they eventually came home one day. I choose to believe this is what will happen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find him soon!

Anonymous said...

I still have hope. Whomever found him probably won't get check for the chip until Monday. Skylar isn't done driving you crazy yet!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I hope you get to him soon...is there a way you can post some announcement or something like that in your place?

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I hope you get to him soon...is there a way you can post some announcement or something like that in your place?

Anonymous said...

My heart has broken into a million pieces for you. I have prayed that he comes home safely and will continue to do so. If I may offer a piece of advise, post the missing flyer on Craigs List.

Subscribe