Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

4/09/2008

Meh.

Posted by Gwen |

I wasn't going to talk about this because who really cares to hear me whine about being sick, but I woke up last Thursday with a sore throat. It didn't seem too bad while I was in Mexico, I guess because the air is so dry. But ever since I got home I've been puny, a little congested with a cough, but since late afternoon yesterday I just can't stop coughing. I was up all night last night despite a slathering of Vicks Vap-o-Rub and a dose of codeine. I'm just out of bed long enough to come here and whine about it. Aren't you glad?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you need more hot sauce in your chili...that always burns out the sickness!

honestly, though, i think you might need a doctor. too many fuckers coughing on airplanes, too many strange mexican diseases, too little sleep and probably too much booze for a week will wear a girl's immune system down. git thee to a doctor, woman!

xoxo

Gwen said...

Hello: I'm taking a codeine cough suppressant from my dr. I think it's finally helping.

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

I've been to Mexico three times and gotten sick on two of them. Last time I had a really high fever and we went into town and found a pharmacy. I have no idea what they gave me but a few days later I felt better. Thanks mysterious pills.

Seriously, I hope you feel better. Call if you need anything.

Whiskeymarie said...

Codeine, schmodeine.
Sounds like someone needs a hot toddy...

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Obviously you're sick of work already, but the chili contest looks like fun.

You are definitely the snazzy office dresser.

Subscribe