Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

I know! I know! Enough with the vacation posts already! I understand that my vacation probably isn't as exciting for you as it was for me, and you're likely tired of hearing me rave about it, but this one needs posted. First, because I have people to thank and second, because it was the best part of the trip.

Exactly one month ago I published this post about my upcoming trip and a sassy Irish beauty who blogs under the name Hello Ha Ha Narf had this to say about a boat tour she had recently taken in Cabo:

speaking of wonderful people, eduardo padilla and his awesome daughter laura run the best whale watching cruise around. their sunset cruise is spectacular as well. all you can drink on a small (38') cat. and the food! mmmm, the food laura makes is delish. highly recommended adventure. http://www.rissalena.com/ will get you to their page. prices are VERY reasonable.

Given that she seemed sane and her recommendation was so glowing, I booked it. And I am ever-so-glad that I did. We had an awesome week in Cabo, every moment was perfect, but the sunset cruise we took on The Rissalena was the highlight of the entire trip for all of us. The staff was knowledgeable and funny, the service was impeccable, the margaritas were the best we had all week, the food was delicious, the boat was beautiful, and the tour was stunning.


So, Hello Ha Ha Narf? Thank you, thank you, thank you. There are many other reasons I am happy that I met you over at Killer's, but we all appreciated your tip. It was fantastic. Sheep stone.





They played really fun, upbeat music about Mexico on our way out of the bay and while we tootled around the Sea of Cortez, but as they turned the boat to head back into the bay they surreptitiously switched the music over to opera. The entire experience was a feast for all the senses. Imagine listening to opera with the wind in your face as the sun sets behind this mountain. It was perfectly timed and incredibly moving.

While we were out there we saw this local fisherman pull in this giant squid. He threw this one back but caught another less than five minutes later. He kept the second one. Our Captain, Aramis, told us that a school of giant squid had recently taken up residence in the bay, much to the delight of the local fishermen.

The Gregger commented that this guy seemed to have more squid and women than he knew what to do with and wondered aloud how many women he had thrown back already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really does seem like a beautiful place! And you'll feel renewed for several weeks, even though you're home. That's what great fun does for the soul!

Anonymous said...

i am thrilled that you had the opportunity to take the cruise. all of the sunset cruises were booked when i was down there, but the morning whale watching cruise they do was spectacular. so glad you had fun, my friend.

wasn't little captain aramis adorable? i asked him if he wanted to be my souvenir. and laura's brother. dammit, what was his name? carlos? oh my, he so could have come home with me. yum!

but back to you...i am SO not tired of hearing about your phenomenal vacation. great photos are always appreciated!!

love yew,

becky

Subscribe