Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Saturday morning the pig and I got up early, had coffee, wrote a blog post, visited a spell and then got ready to attend my friend Amy's graduation.

He cleans up purty nice for a pig.


A sea of hopeful graduates, and Fernando.



There's our favorite grad.


There she is on the JumboTron.

Fernando had a little crush.

Until he met Jeff.

Fernando got a wee bit sulky when he found out Amy is married and he stayed that was for a while. On the way back to LM's car I tried to distract him by pointing out landmarks.

We saw City Hall:


And we saw Police Headquarters. Fernando asked me to blur his face if I posted this picture. I'm not sure what that's about, but I don't argue with guests.


By the time we made it to the restaurant, Cyrano's, everyone was more than ready for a drink and lunch.

Ahhhhhhh!

"Alright buddy, I think you've had enough to drink. How about you eat some lunch?"


Baked goat cheese in marinara on garlic toast.

We also shared a fabulous potato leek soup, a mile-high traditional smoked turkey club sandwich (I didn't let him know about or have the bacon) and fresh sauteed asparagus, but I was too busy stuffing my face to document it. Rest assured we ate well and it was truly delicious.

But wait.

I haven't even mentioned the speciali-tay de la maison: dessert.

Buttermilk grilled pound cake with oven roasted strawberries and fresh whipped cream.


" Yup, it's fresh!"


OMG! It was so delicious that we rolled in it.

We also had at the table a Caramel Brioche Bread Pudding, the World's Fair Eclair ice cream dessert, and a really fancy gooey butter cake thing with strawberries and whipped cream. It was a dessert orgy.

"Eat at this place! It's really good!"

Tune in tomorrow to hear all about our sunny sight-seeing Sunday.

4 comments:

McGone said...

I love his tie - he always dresses so nice for the ladies!

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

I was sad to see him leave. If I were to leave my husband for a small plastic pig, Fernando would be my #1 choice. And I mean that.

Whiskeymarie said...

With all of the gluttony, it's nice to see that our little Fernie hasn't gained a pound!
Must be the TrimSpa I sent him. Glad it's working!

Fernie really should wear more ties, he looks deceptively dignified.

WendyB said...

Good God! That hog eats like a pig.

Subscribe