Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!



You know, when I named this blog I really didn't consider the hot-button connotation of the word cancer.  I'm an impulsive gal so forward thinking isn't my strong suit.  Interesting, sometimes gross, searches have been bringing people here since 2007.  Imagine their disappointment when they find me, a perfectly healthy asshole who smokes while she sits in the sun.  Precious.










Anyway, making fun of me is not why we're here today.  We're here today because my lack of foresight brought Ryan to me.  Funny, irreverent, awesome Ryan.  See, Ryan recently
kicked cancer's ass.  While he was busy karate kicking cancer square in the bojangles, he also noticed there weren't any funny cancer shirts.  Yeah.  None.  Booooring.

"Isn't humor the best medicine?" he wondered aloud.

Alright, I made up that part about him talking to himself but he did go from there to designing a line of sick shirts that kinda make me wish I had cancer.  


They are edgy and irreverent and vintage and fabulous.


They also don't make you want to puke, which is always a plus when choosing a garment for a friend with cancer, or even in general.

See?  We can tolerate pink when it's off-color.  Thanks, Ryan!



Ryan asked me to tell you that you can feel all warm and bubbly knowing that a portion of each sale will be donated to a different cancer charity.  So go!  Go look at them here!  And then buy 5.  I wear a medium, monkeys, the designs showcased here are my favorites, and I prefer a fitted shirt.  I thank you in advance for your selfless generosity.

17 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

If your friend ever beats Lupus he should make a shirt that says, "I beat Lupus" with picture of that kid named Lupus on the Bad News Bears gettngn beaten.

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! Also, congrats to Ryan!

I think Chemosabe is my favorite.

Mo said...

I don't think I've ever felt left out for not having cancer...until now. Awesome shirts.

Falwless said...

Yeah! I want cancer! *pout*

Anonymous said...

Things are odd all over. Just found out my uncle (53years old)has cancer and a kick ass sense of humor. This will make his day.

Unknown said...

I don't know, Mr. McFeely looks kinda nice. I'd let him grope me. Well, for the right price I mean.

Anonymous said...

Those Tomatoe stems are in the wrong place!

Mel O said...

I totally have to have one of (each of) these shirts! What a great idea.

Amy, Jeff and the kimchis said...

Oh my god I am terrified of getting cancer but these shirts kick ass. Chemosabe! Right on.

Moe Wanchuk said...

Great Job Ryan ....chemo fkn Sux! My hair never came back after it, but my wife loves when I rub it between ................

How about a MRS Feely?

Renaissance Woman said...

I love the first one the best! So, I am going to buy one and maybe even one for you! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's great Ryan could make lemonade out of the lemons he was dealt, as they say. Good for him!

Anonymous said...

paste this site into your browser address field and tuuuuurrrn up yerrrrr volummmme.

PS - if it doesn't werk try "armageddon radio" in your seeeearch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTrOb8zyrZk

words...words...words... said...

These are hilarious! What a great idea.

Also a great idea: The use of "bojangles" as a word for testicles.

Ryan Armbrust said...

Thanks so much for posting about my cancer shirts.
Loved reading everyones comments as well. Wait until you see the new shirts I will be adding in the next week or so.
"Remission, Like a sore weiner, you just can't beat it!"

Jon said...

Those are pretty damn funny. Nicely done.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I love these! My son and I are volunteering at a breast cancer walk next month. I may have to be wearing one of these at the registration table! Thanks!

Subscribe