Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

As soon as I publish this post I am walking out the door and heading to the airport. You kids have fun this weekend but play nice. I don't want to come back to stories about what so-and-so did to whoozle. I am going away to relax and I don't want you to harsing my mellow the minute I get home, k?


Assuming I make it to Chicago, given the weather they're having. If all goes as predicted, I am flying in during the "eye" of the storm, or between two storms, whatever. All I know is I should make it. I will make it.

My friend Mike is picking me up at Midway and then we're driving to Indiana. I was thinking earlier this week about the time my cousin and I picked him up from the aiport here in St. Louis:

As you might surmise from our attire, he was coming in for Mardi Gras. We made signs and dressed up and ran through the airport banging on saucepans with wooden spoons and yelling, "Mike's coming!  Mike's coming!"  He tried to get back on the plane when he saw and heard us and on our way out strangers at other gates asked if he was Mike and welcomed him to St. Louis.  This was clearly pre-911. Based on my hair color (black) I would say 1999.  

As further evidence of my laziness, the MIKE poster hung in my apartment from Mardi Gras into deep summer.

Have a good one, monkeys! Keep coming by this weekend, I scheduled some Sunday Matinee posts for you. And by "you" I mostly mean Fancy. She mentioned once that she likes to read these posts by the fire at her coffee shop. The image stayed with me and fueled the series. Her birthday was this week - you should go tell her I said she's pretty.

13 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Have fun and come back with lots of wild stories to blog about!

Scope said...

Wow! Your cousin is really cute!

Is she married?

ROLFing my ass off!

Renaissance Woman said...

Have fun! Can't wait for your return.

Unknown said...

oooh, you are in my area this weekend...BECAREFUL...have FUN...and ttys!

Dr Zibbs said...

Have fun Gwen. As a little piece of unknown trivia, Chicago is known as the "windy" city. You might want to ask around and see if anyone has heard this before.

Some Guy said...

Have a great time, Gwen! For great Italian food, visit Club Lago, corner of Superior & Orleans. Ask for Guido and tell him I sent you.

Elizabeth said...

I hope you got there in one piece, Gwen! Have fun.

Scope said...

Gwen made it to Chicago fine. An sharind an adult beverage with her now.

Anonymous said...

All I'm saying is that you better bring me back something or I'll post a picture of what I found under your bed when I broke into your house today. I mean it Gwen!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh. More blog fodder! Have a great time and tell us all about it when you get back!

Scope said...

What happens in the "Scabby Cabby" stays in the "Scabby Cabby"!

Moderator said...

I'm sorry you had to go to Indiana.

Amanda said...

Heeeey, I had that couch and love seat in my old bachelorette pad.

Subscribe