Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Have I told you lately how much I love you? Really. Each and every stinking one of you with your links to slankets and snugglies and warm jammies and your offers of hot toddies and fresh-from-the-oven grumblecakes.

I. Love. You.

Your comments warmed my heart and made me happy again - so happy that I have stopped whining and am bringing the sexy fun back to EILCC.

On my first trip around the blog block this morning I noticed that Dr. Zibbs has vowed not to comment anywhere until at least three people leave him Snapvine voice messages. For those of you who might’ve missed yesterday’s hijinx, let’s just say that a number of us discovered the wonder that is Snapvine, a widget you can add to your sidebar that allows other people to leave voicemail comments. The first message left yesterday was from Dr. Zibbs to H and I can’t stop listening to it. We all know the good doctor is “gifted” but his messages are a scream. Click here to listen, but not until you finish this post.

Shortly thereafter Dr. Zibbs left an original rap piece for me called “Ode to a Missouri Gal.” To listen, click on the “Gwen’s Voice Comments” on my Snapvine widget over there to the right. If you have never trusted me before, please do so now. You’re only shortchanging yourself if you don’t.

With that said, The Good Doctor is upset that people aren’t leaving him messages. Please help me keep him happy and leave him a message so he will come back out and play.

On my second trip around the blog block today I saw that Southern Belle has started a really fun comment game. Quoting directly from her post, to get you enticed:

"Here's how it works:

I make a wish.

The first commenter grants the wish, but gives it a negative outcome. Then they make their own wish.

The next commenter gives that wish a negative outcome and then makes
their own wish and so on...

Here's an example:
SouthernBelle: "I wish I had X-ray vision"
1st Commenter: "You have X-ray vision, but you can't turn it off so all you see are people's gross insides. I wish I was invisible" etc. etc."
Yes, she IS a creative genius. A couple rounds have already been played but it would be so much more fun if all of you crazy kooks would go over there and play. I am continually amazed by the creative energy you monkeys have and want to see your names over there, adding your special brand of spice to the game.

Go!

16 comments:

SouthernBelle said...

Thanks for the link love, love!

Sadly I cannot claim to have invented this game, but I have forgotten where I originally saw it done.

Damn super-early-onset Alzheimer's.

Regardless, Gwen's readers, it's still super fun, I promise!

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Oooh, this is fun! Thanks, Gwen!

LYDIA said...

You are such a good gf to Zibbs....

Unknown said...

wow, it's like christmas...all these fun new things...

woohoo.

MJenks said...

Awesome. Slap a link in the comments section to a craptacular piece of cloth sold on the television, and you get love from Gwen. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

Well, I could, but I'm going to be in the restroom with the stall door closed for the next five minutes.

Amanda said...

Fun! I'm off to clicky the linkies.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

I can't keep from giggling at D's voice messages... The Rap one is great!!

- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oooh! More things to giggle about! Thank you!!

Sass said...

I can't handle you weirdos and your "snapvine."

I keep listening to them over and over again...I'm a very sad case.

Is it Sunday yet?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love games.

Scope said...

It's like that "Monkey Paw" story that I read in 5th grade. I will come over and play in a bit.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Think I'll check it out.

Dr Zibbs said...

A new message on the SVR. Sweet!

Elizabeth said...

I told Zibbo I was too chicken to dink around with trying to leave him a clever message. I don't dare.

In fact, I think I'm too chicken to do it with anybody! Including you, though you are a warmhearted and lovely and accepting soul.

Nope, still too chicken.

paperback reader said...

Ashley really isn't bringing the funny. What the hell is that about? Hot chicks never try hard at anything except running away.

hello haha narf said...

you make me giggle.

Subscribe