Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

1/27/2009

Jackass cat.

Posted by Gwen |

I get one day I can work from home per week.  I am scheduled to take it on Fridays but in the event of inclement weather I can switch days.  It is snowing and sleeting here so I decided to switch days and work from home today.


A couple minutes ago my coffee kicked in and I went upstairs to take care of business.  I live alone so there is no need to close the door.  My littlest cat, Skylar, thinks that the only water in the house fit to drink comes out of the bathroom faucet and generally races ahead of me when he sees me go upstairs and sits and cries at the faucet.

This time, however, he didn't initially notice I went upstairs.  He figured it out after I was already up there and ensconced on the throne.  He raced up the stairs, jumped up onto the bathroom counter and then proceeded to slide all the way across the counter and into my lap, with full claws.

I may need to start closing the door.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're too funny.

I thought we talked about closing the door when you were here visiting and I found my neighbor, Bart, doing the same thing that your cat did while you were in there?

Gwen said...

Suze: You told me that rule was for YOUR house, not mine, but apparently the rule is universal.

Dr Zibbs said...

Ensconced.

LegalMist said...

ouch!!

Bella@That damn expat said...

Tee hee.

Cool cat!

Anonymous said...

This is why I will always own cats. Even when I want to strangle them, they still make me laugh. lol

Pyzahn said...

Sorry, Pixie...you can't own cats...they own you.

It's my dog I can't keep out of the bathroom. He knows I'm "land locked" when ensconced on the throne and an easy mark for some ear scratches.

words...words...words... said...

I can't leave the bathroom door open even when I'm home alone. I think I'm too Catholic.

Amanda said...

My Skyler is always in the bathroom with me too. Too bad mine is a child - heaven forbid I get five minutes to myself!!!

Scope said...

If you need me to come down with like an ointment, or some salve and gently rub it into the affected area, just pick up the old "Bron chicken/Brown cow" hotline. I'll be REAL gentle and REAL thorough.

Anonymous said...

And I'M not too crazy about seeing you with your pants down, little miss crankybutt. Clip my claws once in a while and this won't be a problem, got it?
And while you're at it, scratch my belly, will ya?
Meow-
Skylar

Son of a Thomas said...

You know there are a ton of (to not use the vulgar word) cat jokes we could be using here. Zibbs....what's wrong with ya.

SouthernBelle said...

What is it with cats? Every cat I've ever owned is desperate to be in the room when I'm having a pee. I shut the door every time, but usually Snoop Catt races in before I get it shut.

Someone please research this.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Damn, I hate it when that happens! That's funny, I was writing a post yesterday about my fat cat and the bathroom. Now if I post it it's just going to look like I'm copying you!

Anonymous said...

No shit?

paperback reader said...

I would have cut that cat to teach it a lesson. That lesson would have been for it to scratch the hell out of my face.

Alex Galvez said...

My "small" male tabby of 22 lbs has all his claws and has nicked me more than I can remember....although he hasn't tried this trick, he has planted one of those large rabbit feet in my genitals and, well you get the puncture....I mean picture.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Hahahhaha OUCH! I hope you didn't have a cup of coffee in your hand at the time!

Happy Wednesday
- Jennifer

Subscribe