Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

2/13/2009

Damn that Sass!

Posted by Gwen |

I took the day off today to get ready for the arrival of weekend house guests.  Five of my Chicagoland Gang - Johnny B, Mrs. Johnny B, Laugh and Mrs. Laugh, and Scope - are making the trek south on the Double Nickle today to spend the weekend with little ole me and go to the Taste of Soulard, the kick-off event of Mardi Gras here in The Lou.  I'm wicked excited and I have a ton of stuff to do - make beds, clean the basement bathroom (the one I'm afraid of), cook, go to the liquor store, clean - before they get here.


And then I get up this morning to find that my BFF Sass gave me an award for being so awesome.

Now I'm all conflicted about who is more awesome - me for being award-worthy or her for recognizing it?

All kidding aside, I consider Sass an incredible judge of character and was waylaid by the nice things she said about me*.  So much so that I wish she'd picked another Friday to showcase me - doesn't she know that refreshing her blog every five minutes to check for new comments is going to cut into the time I need to get ready?

* Go read them and in the comments tell her how right she is.  KTHXBAI.

17 comments:

Sass said...

Well...you could try to discipline yourself, and only check it at noon, 3, 6, and 9. Then you'll be amazed at the Gwen lovin' just piling up into a big steamy...pile or something.

;)

I so heart you. Enjoy your weekend. Be safe!!!!

Nej said...

The award is well deserved. Your blog rocks. :-)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Congrats on you Sassy award!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Dr Zibbs said...

"The double nickle"

Have a great weekend with the crew. I'm still waiting for video of something burning with a picture of Santa inside.

Sassy Britches said...

Completely deserving, I might add!

Bella@That damn expat said...

Your weekend sounds like it will be awesome!

I already sang you praises over at Sass' place. Refresh.

Cora said...

Congratulations, my dear!! It's beeeeeeautiful!! :-)

mo.stoneskin said...

Right, I've come here from Sass's place, so you better measure up to her recommendation...just playing ;)

words...words...words... said...

Have a blast this weekend! Maybe you should play a game where whoever passes out first has to clean the scary bathroom. That way you can avoid doing it yourself! Unless you're a lightweight.

Cowguy said...

Congrabulations Gwen. I wish I were you!

Kinda.

Anonymous said...

Well deserved - congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Much deserved!

Paige said...

I followed over here from Sass--glad I did. I may see you in Soulard this weekend too--and I wont even know it!

Scope said...

Let me tell you all that I have had the opportunity to hang with BOTH Sass and Gwen (and you too, H) in the last 24 hours, and I will tell you that they are amazing women, and I'm honored to call them "FRIENDS".

Not "blog friends."
Not "Facebook friends."

No qualifier needed, honest to goodness, FRIENDS.

Alice said...

Congrats Gwen.... your weekend sounds so much more fun than my weekend

Alex Galvez said...

I used to live in Euclid back in the mid 90's....I really loved STL.

~E said...

congrats!

Subscribe