Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

2/11/2009

Save me a spot on the bandwagon!

Posted by Gwen |

I am still running in knee-deep mud at work so posting and commenting will continue to be on the light side.  Don't despair, I still love you and am reading as much as I possibly can.  That one thing you said today was hilarious.  Or touching.  You decide.

I was running out of quick things to post that actually entertain so I was relieved when Alice tagged me with the most recent meme craze about purses.  Mostly I was excited because all I had to do was take pictures and write captions.

My current bag, which I have carried almost daily for two winters:

It's roomy but not whack-everyone-in-your-vicinity big and it's easy to get into in a hurry.  I think I paid $40 for it and got it at ABC Trading Company.  I like to carry a cute bag but refuse to pay more than this.  It can be done if you know where to shop so I just can't bring myself to pay more.  It's a personal thing and I won't judge if you love expensive bags.

Moving on, it's current contents:

1 yellow highlighter
4 different lip treatments in essentially the same color
1 awesome $17 wallet, also purchased at ABC
1 pack of red flags
1 camera
1 DICK-taphone
1 powder compact, Clinique
1 partial roll antacid, Tums
1 tub handmade (not by me) hand lotion
1 large tin Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream (the shizz-nit for winter hands)
1 Monster cable for my iPod
1 can de-icer
2 bottles hand sanitizer (apparently you can never have enough)
1 pink Trek-Lite shopping bag that folds into itself (Thanks, H!)
1 set of keys, for the garage and the office
1 notepad
1 lighter
2 business cards for Cool Cabbie
1 tube Mary Kay Satin Hands lotion

What can we learn from this?  I worry a lot about my lips and hands and I am prepared for any organizational emergency.  If you're marking documents, I've got your back.

17 comments:

Cowguy said...

You dashed my hopes to see something cheap and tawdry fall from your bag.

I'll be alright. Don't worry.

J.

~E said...

What I find most interesting, is that not one single of the girls who did this meme (Bella, Sassy, Pinknic, Me etc.) posted a picture of what Im dead sure was in all our bags but chose to keep out of the public eye.

Namely tampons and other girly things.

Bella@That damn expat said...

A lighter but no cigarettes? Oh, Gwen. You can bum one off me.

Anonymous said...

I like what your bag says about you. And I like the bag itself!

Gwen said...

~E: I thought about that too, but fortunately my method of BC made all that monthly girl nonsense stop several years ago and I don't need them anymore. This will either be TMI or make you hate me. ;)

Bella: My smokey treats were sitting on my coffee table when I did the meme but I'll holler when I smoke them all!

Dr Zibbs said...

I guess that thing today that I said about me trying to capture a bird IS touching.

Renaissance Woman said...

Okay I am so impressed! Your purse is so clean and you don't have anything really random! You have inspired me...because I would be embarassed to show you my bag.

Whiskeymarie said...

What? No wadded up, used kleenexes?

Oh, wait. That's MY purse.

And for some reason I find it odd that you have post-its in there, yet just yesterday I almost bought post-its that came in a little case, thinking- "I could totally carry these in my purse!"

Sassy Britches said...

I keep seeing everyone with this really thin yet huge wallets. Is this a trend I'm missing out on?

And E, I would never be embarrassed to post lady-things; mine just aren't in use at the moment! There's some TMI as well!

Sass said...

I know something's missing...I just know it.

OH wait, you don't carry that in your purse...it's in the drawer next to your bed.

I'm just sayin'.

;)

ÄsK AliCë said...

What on earth is de-icer? Living in Canada I'm sure this is probably something I should be aware of.

If I dumped my purse out there'd be a whole lot of empty lip glosses, makeup, something totally stupid like a roll of thread and probably some receipts. Awesome. I guess it's time to clean the ol' purse.

mo.stoneskin said...

Not just organisational emergencies, you could escape from prison with that...

Cora said...

I'm shuddering in horror for the day I have to do this meme. Do I do it honestly by taking pictures of the maxi pads, candy bars, and god knows what else that is collecting in my purse or do I totally cheat and clean the purse out first? I dunno.

Cute purse by the way!

Cora said...

Okay, I swear to God, I just got tagged! What, two minutes after I leave that comment here *BANG* I'm tagged with it. Guess you'll all be seeing my purse in all it's junky glory because, dammit, I'm feeling too lazy to clean it out. So there.

Fragrant Liar said...

Just went through my purse, which is smaller than yours in the pic, and my list is so much longer! Freakin' scary. But I do have some kind of fun stuff in there that I wouldn't want ANYBODY to find, so I guess it's okay.

Alice said...

I was going to ask the same question as Bella... Love the bag and thanks for the love

Fancy Schmancy said...

Wow, even your purse is more organized than my whole house. I just realized that E tagged me for this, and I started taking pictures, then threw stuff away, then took another picture, and threw more stuff away, and blah, blah, blah.

Apparently this was the kick in the ass I needed to clean out my purse!

When are you coming over to organize the rest of my life?

xoxo

Subscribe