Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

2/19/2009

Girl on Girl Valentine Action

Posted by Gwen |

I knew the title would reel you in, perverts.  But fer realz, I got a buttload of Valentines and they were all from girls.  Girls, the girls, they love me cuz I'm the overweight lover, Heavy D.


Returning to this century, let's see what I got . . . 

This beautiful postcard was sent by the even-more beautiful Bella all the way from Zagreb, Croatia.


The image and colors are perfect for my guest room where it will be proudly displayed as soon as I frame it.  I just wish there was a way to display the postmark as well.  (Please tell me I am not the only geek out here who loves postmarks.)



Thanks, Bella!  I was so sorry to read that you are leaving Blog Town, especially since it's in pursuit of something gainful like a job.  We will miss you.  Please hang around and say hi every now and then.  You keep me on my toes, missy, and I like it.

I also received a wonderful package from my blog wife, Whiskeymarie, who likes to play jokes.  Funny, funny jokes.

Lucky for her, she always sends goodies that take the sting out of the stink-eye I get from my mail man.

She sent the two magnets; the notepad on the left was already there but I kept it in the picture because you always seem so interested in what's on my fridge.  I can't wait to see how people react to a magnet of my own stupid face on my own stupid fridge.  

This next Valentine is vurry special.  It's from my girl Kendra who sent it down last weekend with her folks.

Not only did I get this super-awesome handmade card, which said other nice things about me like I rock and I am special thereby proving she's an incredibly bright and intuitive girl, but she also sent this very cute bear who quickly found a home in the windowsill on the landing.

And finally, Little BRR showed up Saturday morning ready to party and bearing gifts that included this card and a candy necklace/ring set.  I tried to wear the ring but it just looked like I was smelling my own finger.  Like this.

See what she did there? There's a pen-GWEN on the card!

15 comments:

paperback reader said...

Well, I don't mean to brag, but I got some candy from the one who loves me most: me. I felt obliged to let me get into my own pants, but I put forth a pretty half-assed effort.

mo.stoneskin said...

Dammit, dropped by lured in by the title and all I see is postcards and bears...

I think displaying your face in your fridge is an excellent idea. If I get time later I will plaster every household appliane with my own...

words...words...words... said...

Girl on girl valentine action my ass! I demand a refund!

I think this is the first year ever that I did not get a single valentine. My plan to alienate the entire world is working!

Anonymous said...

Awesome gifts. I'm hoping your mailman and mine don't talk about us :)

Sid said...

I love postcards. Think I'm going to ask all my blog friends to send me one.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

That's pretty cool. I want a pen pal now. The only Valentine I got was a kiss from Future Mrs Imaginary Reviewer...nothing that I can scan and show to the world on my hilarious blog.

MJenks said...

Great.

Just. Effing. Great.

My daughter loves those stupid ring pops.

Now whenever she gets one and sits down to enjoy it, I'll just think of her smelling her finger.

Thanks.

Whiskeymarie said...

How's that back hair thing working out?
Between us girls, from the looks of things you could use a little upper lip waxing as well, my dear.
I'm just sayin'...

XO

McGone said...

The envelope Whiskeymarie sent to my house caused a bit of the stink eye from The Girl. I don't know my mail man's reaction, but I can imagine. And I won't be talking to him anytime soon after this.

H said...

Besides the lovely valentine I got from you, I got one from my dog telling me that she has seen me naked...several times!! WTF...I didn't even know she could write.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Wow that is very cool! Love your St. Paul, MN magnet. Just say'n

Have a super weekend

- Jennifer

Cora said...

Gwen, you are well loved I see!

I do pen-Gwen jokes for my daughter Gwen too! :-)

Sass said...

Aside from a FABULOUS card from my FABULOUS Gwennie, I got...exactly....precisely....

Squat.

I got told to go get myself something if I wanted it.

Yup.

The romance just a-flows here at Casa de Sass...

Unknown said...

how wonderful...F*CKING love the magnet...HILARIOUS.

Fancy Schmancy said...

OMG, those are so cute. I lamed out on VD, obviously, glad you're no longer waiting at the mailbox for my belated lovings.

Subscribe