Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

4/12/2009

Uh, yeah.

Posted by Gwen |

I was so excited yesterday to finish cleaning up the piles of leaves I raked weeks ago so I could finally start my spring planting but within the first five minutes of scooping leaves I threw out my back and thought I might die.  Not kidding.  Stupidly, I finished the leaves and did some light planting but I shouldn't have.  I have never felt pain like this before.   I can walk, sorta, and I did take a shower before I drove myself to an emergency chiropractic visit this morning but it's so bad that he and his wife wouldn't let me drive home.  In fact, they fed me before I left to make sure I ate.


Yeah, it's that bad.

I had grand plans for today, too.  I was going to bake a ham (coffee glazed) and make all the fixings for a righteous Easter dinner like chocolate ribbon pie and party potatoes but I don't think I can and was bluntly told not to.  Boo.  Know that I have received all of your sweet Easter wishes and send them back to you, but for now I have to go sit in a hard-backed chair with arms.  I'll be back when I can move again.

20 comments:

Cora said...

Ohhh, Gwen. I'm so sorry! All facebook joking aside, I've been there and I know that SUCKS!! Make friends with the painkillers and get some rest. Hope you feel better soon.

*HUGS*

H said...

Honey can I bring you anything? How bout I stopped by tonight after my foks with a snack for you. I'll call on my way to see if you are up for it.

XOXO,
H

SkylersDad said...

I know back pain well, he is my nemesis. I wish you well dear, and just rest and let others take care of you.

Whiskeymarie said...

Owie, owie, owie.

This totally sucks- how are we going to stage our multi-state production of "the resurrection of monkey christ" now? I guess I'll call in your understudy, but Skylar isn't so good at memorizing lines and he always shows up to rehearsals high on the 'nip. Sigh.

Hope you feel better soon and that the doctor gave you the good pills.
;)

words...words...words... said...

Party potatoes? I gots to have some of those.

I hope you feel better and let people wait on you :)

Sass said...

I so wish I were closer. :( I'd be there lickety-split to bring you a nice case of severe bronchitis to share with me.

We're quite a pair, eh?

mo.stoneskin said...

In some of Sass's photos you were doing some crazy poses, could that have something to do with the pain?

zelzee said...

Yardwork, along with housework can kill you if done properly.....

Brandon said...

Ack, I've done this before as well, and yes, it hurts badly, so I sort of feel your pain. Here's hoping you feel better soon.

Fancy Schmancy said...

OMG, I hope you are feeling much better soon! If I had known yesterday, I would have mailed you dinner. xoxo

Scope said...

Now that you are incapacitated, does that put the the monkeys, the cats, or your new belt in charge of the estate?

I would Leave it To Beaver.

Relax, don't over do it, when you think your back is feeling better, it isn't give it more time. Hot water bottle.

Renaissance Woman said...

Oh Gwen...I'm so sorry that you are hurting so badly. Stupid leaves! I hope you heal quickly!

katrocket said...

Aw dear - I have back pain sometimes and it's the worst - you have my sympathy. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

oh no...I hope you feel better really soon!

Soda and Candy said...

Poor Gwen!

Rest up and feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Rest, rest, rest.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I feel for you- I'm on the tail-end of a back debaucle that messed me up for six weeks. Every night I would scream in agony for the hoary denizens of the underworld to end my existence rather than live with this pain. And then my neighbors were like "Hey asshole, shut your window!" And then my buddy Paulie was like "Here's some muscle relaxers!" And then I was like "Sorry, hoary denizens, I changed my mind. My bad."

So I hope that helps.

Del-V said...

That sucks. Get better soon!

MJenks said...

Dammit, I made a perfectly inappropriate comment here yesterday that must have been eaten by the internets. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Because I can't remember exactly what it was, just insert a dick joke here.

Subscribe