Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

5/07/2009

601: All You, All Day

Posted by Gwen |

For ease of navigation here's a running list (with commentary) of your EILCC 600-Post Show and Tell Extravaganza posts:

Tags Times Two from Skyler's Dad, the sweetest man in Blogaritaville and author of Some Days It's Not Worth Chewing Through The Leather Straps. Finding friends like this man is the greatest perk of blogging. Thanks, SD, for celebrating with me!

In a Sentimental Mood by The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch. I adore this woman. A-DORE. She is classy and funny and I want to sit with her by a pool, wearing big straw hats and reading trashy magazines while handsome men silently bring us mai-tais and fan us.

Scope-Tech: Gwen's Show and Tell Part I
I love it when you give this man a task; he always gives more than you requested.

Love Letters by Cora: Because Gwen Asked Me To
I thought about keeping Scope and Cora separated in this list but realized one of them would likely hack in here and rearrange things if I did, so I let them be. No monkey business over here, you two. EILCC has a low PDA threshold.)


mjenks, A Crown of Thistles: Stuff
Apologies to jenks, the man with whom I can be as un-PC as I want and he still thinks it's funny . . . I noticed early yesterday that some verbiage in this post was confusing and led jenks to believe that I was asking for pictures of your own pajama tops, so I re-worked one phrase but failed to mention the distinction to him. I'm sure he won't mind, he is the kind of guy who likes to do his own thing anyway. Also, when you read his post, pretend that all that really nice stuff he says about his new friend Kristine is about me; I did.

~E Deconstructed: More Postcards and Gwen's 600th Post
I expected to find a couple shirts that belonged to ex-boyfriends when I went digging through your closets and dressers and ~E has given us our very first one. This saucy little Seattle minx loves her special shirt so much she bought others just like it and marked "the special one" with a laundry pen!

Candy's Daily Dandy: Gwennie, Your Challenge Has Opened A Pandora's Box of Emotions
Candy's post proves that a woman will do anything for a pair of shoes she loves.


Are You Sassified?: Things I Want Thursday - T.I.W.T.
It would seem Sass couldn't resist the siren song of a Wordless/Blowing Up Shit/Six Word/Totally Awkward/Whatever Thursday but she managed to work in a story about a sweatshirt that has earned BFF status. God love her.

My best girl Whiskeymarie: "Pride" and "Dignity" Are Such Ugly Words
Holy buckets! I had no idea when I wrote the phrase "that pair of jeans you finally had to make into cut-off shorts and now you can't get rid of the shorts even though your ass hangs out the bottom like a $2 hooker" that I was speaking directly to her. You should not miss the ensemble she put together from the back of her closet. Priceless.

Scope-Tech: Gwen's Show & Tell - Part II - The Scope Coat
Scope not only let me peek in his drawers but also showed me his flare. I hope Cora doesn't try to cut me.

Suze of Suzel's Sass: Because She Said So
Huh. I never knew Suze was in the Air Force. Maybe I should stop giving her so much shit and using her credit card before she kicks my ass into next Tuesday.

Fancy Schmancy: What Gwennie Wants, Gwennie Gets!
Ahhhhhhh. Comfy duds and a special stuffed friend, perfect for the end of the day. That Fance, she always knows what we need.

Cowguy: ShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirtShirt
I've waited all day for our first "my family tried to get rid of it" story. I should've known it would be Cowguy. I can't wait to meet him and his peeps because they have a lot of fun. I've been stalking the Keota website more frequently now that the weather is better. One of these days our schedules will align and then I will magically appear in the crowd at one of their shows, like a tiny angel with a seriously foul mouth. Remind me to wear white when I go.

L'ananas, Solitary In Sanity: And Like a Facebook 5 Things
Yaaaay! Our first new person! I love it. L'ananas told me she didn't even have to think twice about her item and offered up a 14 year-old, almost-crotchless pair of shorts. Excellent. (L'ananas, I love your tag-line, "It's not you, it's me.")

Girl Interrupted, For Gwen: Better Late Than Never
I was only recently introduced to Girl Interrupted but as soon as I read her story about biting jellies (Jell-O) in the grocery I knew I had found another kindred soul. I live in awe of the scope of her passive subversion and wish we had "jellies" here.

Cash Register Jockey, Soakin' Up Paycheck: The Shirt (or Jumping on the Blogging Bandwagon)
Another EILCC newbie! Welcome, CRJ, and thanks for playing along with my silly reindeer games. In this post, CRJ shows us the Iron Maiden t-shirt he bought as a teen while on vacation with his family because he thought wearing it would make him cool. Anyone who says they never did something like this is simply a big, fat liar-mouth. Can you say "parachute pants?"

J.J. in L.A., Fun things to do for Gwen
Yes! Sick humor!  Until J.J. came along our collective wardrobe was devoid of sick humor.  Sad, really.  And surprising.  It's a good thing she was batting clean-up; we needed her.

Many, many thanks to everyone who is celebrating this EILCC milestone with me. You wonderful people are the reason I keep doing this; your friendships are my reward. I love each and every one of you.

Some of you mentioned not being able to participate due to busy schedules and broken (or nonexistent) cameras. Please don't let this stop you. I never meant to make rules that would exclude anyone. If you like this idea feel free to post anytime, with or without pictures. All I really wanted was to peek into your drawers and closets to learn more about you. Just be sure to let me know in the comments here (or here) that you've posted because I don't want to miss any of your stories. I'm going to keep adding to the list above as new posts roll in today so be sure to check back often!

14 comments:

katrocket said...

I will post something tomorrow (hopefully not too late to join in), because I can't come out and play today - new job stuff!

I'm not a sentimental gal (especially when it comes to clothes), so this will be a challenge!

Gwen said...

Katbaby! It's never too late to join the fun here at EILCC. I can't wait to see what comes out of your closet!

Sass said...

You want to peek in my drawers.

hee hee.

I want you to peek in my drawers.

*snort*

mo.stoneskin said...

I reckon Sass is laying a trap. Don't look in her drawers.

I'd like to post a picture of my 20-yr-old comfort tshirt soon.

words...words...words... said...

I will participate tomorrow once I figure out what my item is :)

MJenks said...

Eh, I wear the shirt to mow in, too. I just don't wear it to work. It's still my favorite shirt because it smells of victory.

SkylersDad said...

Who is this "sweet man" you refer to? Have you seen the Tats, the videos, the soft visceral underbelly of the internettubes exposed on my blog?

I want to party with you dear.

Cora said...

You're asking for no PDA, yet you're putting Scope RIGHT ON TOP OF ME?!

I don't think I have this kind of self-control, Gwen. I'm sorry.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Cora and Gwen,

6'4 on top of 5'3? I hope no one gets seriously hurt. But if you do, I want to hear ALL about it! ; )

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, and if he'll let me, I'll show you pictures of two t-shirts that my Mr. still has that are BOTH from the 80's.

I highly doubt that he'll pose in them, though.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I did a spit take when I read you called me "classy". If you only knew girlfriend. If you only knew...

Happy 600th.

Girl Interrupted said...

I came, I rummaged, I posted :P

(that first part sounds dirty!)

J.J. in L.A. said...

I know I'm late to the game but I just remembered that I have a piece of clothing worthy enough. The post will be up Monday morning.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Yup! That's me...sick, sick, sick!

Subscribe