Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

With a bunch of my friends moving to other states (Was it something I said?) and another bunch getting hitched (brown chicken brown cow!) we have all been playing hot potato with furniture these past couple weeks, leaving me to score some beautiful pieces for next to nothing. Behold my latest acquisition, a beautiful Mission dining set that is period-appropriate for my Arts and Crafts home:

I've also earned a permanent spot on the Dinner Club roster and am apparently hosting next Saturday night, which is perfect since I'm dying to feed people at this table.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I pulled up behind this SUV on my way home yesterday and for about three seconds I thought their bumper sticker read, "KEEP AUTISM WEIRD".

I was more than non-plussed until I figured it out. And then I wondered if the local community college offers remedial reading classes.

21 comments:

Some Guy said...

Nice table! Nothing beats cheap hand-me-down furniture. Most of the furniture I've ever owned has been of that ilk.

Fancy Schmancy said...

What time should we be there?

Anonymous said...

Keep Autism weird- HA!

I think Jenny McCarthy's mob just lit some torches- bad deal for your new table- which is really nice, btw.

Valerie said...

I wish my friends would move. I need some furniture

-R- said...

I love the table!

SkylersDad said...

That is really beautiful!

The table, not the bumper sticker...

Soda and Candy said...

All right what the hell is this brown chicken thing? Don't make me google it Gwen! Don't make me do it!

Gwen said...

S&C: It's the punch line to one of my favorite stupid jokes:

Q: What do you get when you cross a brown chicken with a brown cow?

A: brown chicken brown cow

Soda and Candy said...

OOOOOOOoohhhhhh.

Hahahahaha, awesome.

Soda and Candy said...

Also, now that I can focus, I LOVE the dining table. Nice work Miss Lady!

Jeannie said...

Great table!

Christopher Jones said...

I wonder if Keep *blank* Weird bumper stickers will become the new jesus fish.

Sandy said...

Nice table, shiny is always good!
The bumper-sticker is hard to read. I mean what's the point of that?

Whiskeymarie said...

We totally need to break that table in by dancing on it while probably spilling Jack & cokes on it as well.

I'll start saving my pennies for a ticket...

NJ Pigno said...

Keep Autism Weird! Your prompt made me read it wrong too. That's really funny.

J.J. in L.A. said...

I read it as Autism too! The power of suggestion is a weird thing...

words...words...words... said...

I see "Keep Austin Weird" stuff all the time. I think it's like their slogan.

Nice table! Am I invited?

Cora said...

Niiiiiiiice.

Farah said...

LOL!! I do that all the time, miss read things I mean. hmmm....maybe I should get my eyes looked at...?

mo.stoneskin said...

Wait a second, that's my SUV. Don't you dare pull up that close again.

Anonymous said...

I have an old filing cabinet, some blinds, a crocheted toilet roll cover and a rug that may or may not have been peed on by the dog...I think. I'll be FEDEXing them all to you. You're welcome.

Subscribe