Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

11/03/2009

PSA Tuesday

Posted by Gwen |

I’m not the kind of blogger that gets asked to review products. Something about vulgar immaturity and swears. Whatever. BUT! When I find something that is more awesome than I ever imagined possible, I’m going to tell y’all about it whether they want me to or not. I’m just that kind of renegade.

My couch is covered in a fabric that likes to absorb pet hair into the weave in a way that makes vacuuming the couch little more than aerobic exercise. Over the years I’ve tried sticky tape rollers, more than one of those maddeningly ineffective electro-static brushes, and more recently resorted to brushing the entire couch with a Furminator, which is tiresome and not so good for the upholstery. At times I’ve felt that the damn couch was hoarding cat hair in an attempt to actually morph into a cat.

So over the weekend I saw a commercial for Pledge’s new
Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair and decided that since I’d purchased every other pet hair remover on the planet and been woefully disappointed, I might as well try this one. What’s another $3 in the grand scheme of things, right?

The freaking thing works, people. IT WORKS. It took very little time to do the whole couch and picked up every tiny little bit of the hair without making me sweat and curse. Try it. I promise you’ll be impressed. You may even stop fantasizing about your pets passing into the Great Beyond just so they’ll stop shedding on all your stuff.

26 comments:

PSPants said...

We have this and we like it, too. Well served, PSA!

PSPants said...

We have this and we like it, too. Well served, PSA!

Hunter said...

I'm on board for this. I'm sure we'll be finding cat hair for years after the gato makes it to the Great Beyond.

Thanks for the tip.

Elliott said...

It is a nifty little tool. Even though the Dammit officially doesn't shed, he has to touch EVERYTHING, and little bits of fluff stick to the furniture over time. Saves me on my hands and knees vacuuming.

MJenks said...

Since the couch was halfway to catdom anyway, I bet it's sitting there sulking and giving you mean stares from across the room.

NJ Pigno said...

I want to try this so badly I am going to go out and get a cat.

Some Guy said...

Those sticky-tape ones are useless. This one looks like the answer!

SkylersDad said...

I am always looking for something that removes hair, and not just my dogs hair either...

Unknown said...

I no longer have cats, but I remember the shedding. Glad you found something that works.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Pledge to come out with something that keeps your pets from shedding in the first place. Now that I can get the dog hair off the couch, how do I get it out from UNDER the couch?

Tammy

f8hasit said...

I saw that commercial just yesterday. I was skeptical. But with your endorsement I will goout and purchase said PSA product!

You've made my day.
:-)

Cowguy said...

I'm buying one for my beard. It's hairy too you know.

Please disregard any comments after this one.

Thank you.

ttmac said...

I hope you took out some stock in this product cause I'm running to the infomercial endcap at Bed Bath and Beyond tomorrow!

Son of a Thomas said...

Can I just spray it on the animal?

Scope said...

Off topic - But you have a lot of bawlz to post that profile picture.

;-)

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

This is great news. I collect cleaning products in much the same way I collect cosmetics and anti-aging goo. I will check it out.

Cora said...

What about sticky little kid fingerprints? Does it work on those too?

Whiskeymarie said...

You and I really should start saving all the pet hair we collect and make mittens out of it. We'd totally take over Etsy.

BeckEye said...

You should really make an infomercial. Watch the slap Chop one a few times for inspiration.

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Is that why nobody asks me to review stuff? I would've thought all the vagina on my blog would've ATTRACTED offers.

I have ridiculous pussy hair issues. I'll have to check it out.

(I don't have cats, I'm just feeling especially immature today. But I will check it out because I have major dog hair issues.)

hello haha narf said...

it had better be awesome on dog hair, too.
::runningoutthedoortobuy::

Trooper Thorn said...

Just read you post on That Blue Yak. I haven't thought of "The Monster at the End of This Book" in over 30 years. Thanks for the memory.

Dr Zibbs said...

..competative jigsaw player. Good one.

~E said...

pledge makes awesome stuff man...

If I could, I'd be lemon pledge scented all the live long day.

Elizabeth said...

I'll take your word for it, as I don't have pets!

Soda and Candy said...

My dogs secretly weave their hairs into the couch when I'm not looking, I'm sure of it.

I might have to check this thing out!

Subscribe