Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

3/17/2010

Butterbean Stinkaroo!

Posted by Gwen |

Just some stuff . . .

  • The wedding was beautiful and awesome and oh-so-much fun. So far no one else has shared any pictures (what's up with that? share the goods, people) and I'm behind the camera in all of mine, so I don't have anything worth sharing. Yet. Stay tuned.
  • I left the heat on today and the house was stifling when I got home so I opened the doors and some windows. I'm listening to the birds right now.
  • I'm also listening to the poor dog next door scratch on the aluminum storm door with his sharp little nails. Think fingernails on a chalkboard. Dog, you're ruining my spring jubilation. They're not going to let you in - they never do - so go lay down.
  • My daffodils are about six inches high (I predict blooms by the weekend if it stays sunny) and the hyacinth are blooming. While this adds to my spring jubilation it also reminds me that I have to get that grow center started in the basement, stat.
  • I'm making tuna helper for dinner tonight (I know! Fancy!) and when I needed to open the packet of powdered cheese I realized I left my kitchen shears at the Dinner Club hosts' house this weekend. And since I got acrylic nails for the wedding it was a bitch to open. I almost ended up in a cloud of cheese.
  • I'm thinking about taking an improv class.
  • I also just realized that the coming of spring means cat puke season. Sweet! (Can I get away with not feeding them again until May?)
  • Monday night I was sitting on the couch when I heard a car pull up in front of the house really fast and stop. And then I heard three distinct gunshots. Last night I heard my neighbors outside talking about it but I couldn't really hear what they were saying and I was too unshowered to join the discussion. I hope it's nice this weekend so I can get outside and get the scoop.
  • I found a post-it note in my coffee table drawer and on it I had written, "Butterbean Stinkaroo!" I suspect it was one of those "what's your pirate name" thingies, but for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of name "Butterbean Stinkaroo" is, and why I was so excited about it. Maybe because it's so awe-some.
  • I wanted to get a 12-pack of Pepsi (cans) at the store tonight but they didn't have any. None. They had cherry and diet and no caffeine (what the what?!) and something else, but no regular unleaded. I think that's weird.

17 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I think Butterbean Stinkaroo was the name of that guy you hooked up with after the wedding. When you drunk-texted me about it, you said he was actually surprisingly fresh-smelling.

"Mrs. Gwennie Stinkaroo"- it has a nice ring to it, dont'cha think?

-R- said...

Perhaps that's the name of your future child? Baby Butterbean Stinkaroo would work for a girl OR a boy!

SkylersDad said...

I think it is your superhero name. And extreme flatulence is your super power!

Melissa said...

Awww, poor doggie. My cat puked tonight while we were eating dinner, classy.

Butterbean Stinkaroo - it sounds cool, that's all I got for ya.

Dr Zibbs said...

Yeah!! Take in improv class!! You have to do it!

Elliott said...

I'm just trying to get past the contradictory nature of an improv class. I think you have to take it now, just so we can get the lowdown.

Unknown said...

You just reminded me of an acting class I took years ago. Gotta do a post about it...maybe Friday.

katrocket said...

Why do your cats puke in the spring? Are your cats Irish?

Scope said...

I don't know why they call that stuff "Tuna Helper". It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than "Hamburger Helper" myself. Don't you, Gwen?

But you & Whiskey are the gourmets around here, Gwenie.

Alyson said...

Our daffodils are blooming and it definitely helps with the springy feeling.

I had no idea that spring was the cat puke season?? I have two cats and they puke year round. I should probably get that looked at....damn.

Since "Butterbean Stinkaroo" would be a terrible stripper name, I'm going to cast my vote for pirate name instead.

McGone said...

We had "Asian Helper" the other day - I'm not making that up - and I felt what I can only imagine was "white guilt" while eating it. They really need to come up with a new name.

While they are at it, they should come up with a new product too, because it was just terrible.

Soda and Candy said...

I think an improv class is an awesome idea as long as it doesn't use up all your awesomeness so you don't have any left for the blog.

Also, Butterbean Stinkaroo!!!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I love a random bullet point posts - specially yours.

You need to get some Vetalax for your kitty cats - it comes in tuna flavor and helps them digest hairballs and minimize pukes. Delish!

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Oh, and Pepsi sux. You should switch to Dr. Pepper

;)

MJenks said...

Mmmmm...powdered-cheese-coated Butterbean...*drools*

Living Shallow, Living Well said...

I had a friend who was addicted to Dr. Pepper, and her doctor had to 'wean' her off it- I think she was drinking a case a day at one point.

words...words...words... said...

I want to take an improv class too!

Tuna and cheese together in any context makes me hurl.

And I think Butterbean Stinkeroo is Kid Rock's contribution to a celebrity cookbook.

Subscribe