Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

As my own blog creativity wanes I get excited when I find it elsewhere. The blogs I'm about to tell you about may not be NEW but they're new to me and that's all that matters when you're scrounging for inspiration and material. (This is where, if this post were a college essay, Dr. Metcalf would have written "Expand on this." but since he doesn't read this (OH DEAR LORD I HOPE HE DOESN'T READ THIS) I don't have to if I don't want to.)


First up, we've got Juz, the Tick on Planet Capri. Juz commented last week and said nice things about EILCC so I checked him out. (Take note of how that works, Lurkey McLurkersons.) The posts are one-frame cartoons of Juz and his mates drinking, recovering from drinking, shopping for drinking . . . you get the idea. But it isn't that one-dimensional; it's cute and clever and refreshingly creative. And it'll make you feel better about your own drinking.

Next up is Kingsley Tang & The Purple Reaction. A local radio station here in The Lou is having a love affair with Eric Clapton's I've Got A Rock N Roll Heart and I heard it twice last week. Both times I was surprised by how happy it made my ears, so I bought it. And then, being slightly obsessed with having to know things about things (Thanks, Pop!), I researched it and ran across a review on The Purple Reaction. I loved the review, so I kept reading. (Sorry, Kingsley, that was me skulking in your archives, not a rabid raccoon.) I really identify with the way KT feels music and his descriptions are so well-written that you can almost taste the songs.

And finally: Promtacular! (tagline: "The Sequins. The Lace. The photographic Evidence.") P! is a collection of terrifically awesome prom pictures that will take you back to high school faster than a DeLorean. As soon as I saw it I sent an email to my high school sweetie and asked his permission to submit a great one of us standing next to his two-tone Firebird. He has a mullet and my chest is flatter than his. He gave me the thumbs up. I'll let you know if we make it into this Hall of Shame.

12 comments:

MJenks said...

So...is it proper etiquette to wish you luck in getting into the Hall of Shame? That seems...somehow backwardly insulting.

Well, huh.

I hope you and your high school sweetie were hideous enough to make it to the Hall of Shame.

words...words...words... said...

It's sweet of you to pimp other blogs, but we demand new EILCC content! :)

SkylersDad said...

You say pimp like it's a bad thing...

Cora said...

MUST. SEE. PROM. PICTURE.

Unknown said...

Good luck getting into the hall of shame! lol

mo.stoneskin said...

From now on can I call you Wayne?

Scope said...

Actually, you did hit fairly close to:
X
1
2
3

hello haha narf said...

oh fuck, i was supposed to ask permission to send photos to kristy? woops. ain't gonna happen. wheeeeeeeee!

nice to see a post from ya. i won't give you shit because i *still* haven't mailed your butter dish. what are we going on, a year? bad, bad becky...

Renaissance Woman said...

I really like the last blog! Thanks for new ideas.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the links, love the Promtacular one. I always look forward to your blogs and know your creativity will not wane for long. I can only hope to be half as witty as you.

Anonymous said...

Hey slacker...get to writing again. You never see me do crap like that :)

Thanks for the new blogs to read.

Soda and Candy said...

Gwennie Gwen Gwen! I cannot wait to see your prom photo, I demand you post it here too!

Subscribe