Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

If you don't already know that Tennessee is suffering a major, devastating flood, you live under a rock. Suffice it to say that it's bad and thousands of people are displaced. We won't go into the details of how or why God is mad at them (I kid! I kid!) but what we can talk about is how to help.


A dear friend of mine runs/manages/programs/generally works at a radio station in Tennessee called JACK-FM (96.3 on the dial). Since 6 am this morning they've been hosting a Request-A-Thon to raise money for families affected by the flood. It's entirely legit and from what I read HERE, the money will go to The Red Cross.

Anyway, for a mere $25 donation you can make a song request and help flood victims. How fun is that? All you have to do is call the Request-A-Thon hotline at 615-737-9696. I mean, really, you were probably going to donate anyway so you might as well get a song request, too. (BTW, they will take ANY donation, it just takes $25 to get a request. You should call even if all you can afford right now is $5 or $10.)

For my part, I requested Traffic's Dear Mr. Fantasy. I thought the lyrics were appropriate:

Dear Mr. Fantasy, play us a tune,
Something to make us all happy.
Do anything, take us out of this gloom.
Sing a song, play guitar,
Make it snappy.

So what are you doing still reading this?! Go! Call! Let's show Tennessee that the rest of the nation/world loves and supports them. If all of this isn't enough, think of the bourbon and whiskey made in Tennessee. You want to help keep the whiskey river flowing, right? RIGHT?

I have to go, my song is next! GO! CALL!

6 comments:

Gwen said...

You can also live-stream the station (click the HERE link above) so you can hear your song. I'm just sayin'.

mo.stoneskin said...

Hold the phone, I just need to get out from under my rock.

Good song choice girl.

Gwen said...

You get a pass on this one, Mister British Pants.

Peter's Poison said...

i love jack fm and am thankful for whiskey, i am going to make a call.

Unknown said...

I thank you for the info!

網站設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

Subscribe