Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Even though I don't want to be on my own blog right now, I do still love it over at your web houses so I was sitting at my desk quietly visiting with some of you. My desk faces a set of windows that look out onto my back yard. Where I could see some damn ass-faced Thumper bunny dining on my new plants like he was at an all-you-can-eat buffet on crab leg night. I was instantly furious.

Since I don't own a gun I decided my next-best action would be to sing opera at it. I opened the window slowly, so as to not startle the little darling, and then yelled, very loudly and off-key, "Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit!" The atrocious cacophony that is my singing voice scared the rabbit into the next yard and now the neighbor kids think I'm crazy. Two birds, one stone.

And now I share with you my operatic muse, a Merrie Melodies cartoon starring Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny. My favorite part is when Elmer calls on SMOG! to smite de wabbit.

6 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

You're going to be too busy doing bunny patrol for blogging now, Brunhilde.

Chris Cactus said...

That's a great one. Ahh, the memories.

othurme said...

Bugs bunny is the best.

Anonymous said...

Thanx for posting that. You may not have known that I am a HUGE Warner Bros. fan (and that I loathe Disney). Since I don't have cable and Saturday morning cartoons don't exist anymore, I couldn't have enjoyed watching that any more than I did. I need to get those on DVD. Not sure why I haven't yet.

Sornie said...

I so miss the old Bugs Bunny & Tweety cartoons from Saturday mornings. Today's cartoons simply suck.

Utah Savage said...

I have squirrels in the attic and they roll walnuts across their floor all night. sounds like my bedroom ceiling is a bowling alley. They party down. Scream at their young all night long... Drives a woman crazy.

Subscribe