Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

5/30/2008

Spring! Finally sprung!

Posted by Gwen |

I've talked here and here and here about working in my garden.
Don't you think it's about time to see what I've been doing? Me, too!

Come along, gang! Follow me!

I don't know the names of any of the roses featured today. They were here when I bought the house. The fragrance on this one is as big as its bloom.

The irises. Now I see what my mom meant when she said not to treat the fence.
The weathered look is a nice backdrop.


Another big beauty. Also fragrant.

Here's the coreopsis (tickseed) and a struggling Miss Bateman clematis.
See how she valiantly clings to the trellis? C'mon old girl, you can do it! Grow!


Sunshine in a (Flower) Box


Fernando loved to play a game he called, "Brave Pig Storms the Lily of the Valley of Death." He'd do this for hours. Rumor has it that the little guy has been kidnapped and I'm a suspect. To quote Shaggy, "It wasn't me." I like Wendy B for it just because everyone else does.


I planted this poppy at least two years ago. Every year the rabbits eat all the leaves and it dies before anything happens. I have no idea why it made it this year, but I'm glad it did because really? How freaking cool is that bud? It's like an alien pod. I can't wait to see what comes out of there.


The arbor is one of my favorite landscaping pieces. It came with the house. I didn't plant this either but I have loved it with the same intensity that The Little Prince loved his rose.


Inside the arbor facing the garage. It's dark and spooky under here.

"It is the time you have spent with your rose that makes your rose so important."


Well, I hope you have enjoyed the tour.
There are a couple more things that have yet to bloom so stay tuned.

In the meantime, Skylar asked me to remind you guys to stop and smell.

4 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

It's still too early here for much to have bloomed- I'm jealous.

Oh, and I kind of, may have sort of implicated you in Fernando's disappearance.
My bad.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Your yard is so lovely! Our yard is pretty, but your yard is pretty ON PURPOSE! Very nice. I'm especially fond of the yellow thingies with a name like a lady problem.

Anonymous said...

Your yard KICKS ASS. It's beautiful! I wish I cared like that...

And Fernando is still in town! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

be still my heart, you mentioned my favorite book ever! yay, gwen!!

(your place is just gorgeous. wanna come to pittsburgh and help a girl out?)

Subscribe