Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

8/13/2008

This is a shitty post.

Posted by Gwen |

I worked for an hour last night on a piece that just simply went to shit when I put it on paper and I was left with nothing to give you this morning. I hate to leave you empty-handed so here's a funny story about a turd that I just read in the news:

GENEVA (AFP) - A giant inflatable dog turd by American artist Paul McCarthy blew away from an exhibition in the garden of a Swiss museum, bringing down a power line and breaking a greenhouse window before it landed again, the museum said Monday.

The art work, titled "Complex S(expletive..)", is the size of a house. The wind carried it 200 metres (yards) from the Paul Klee Centre in Berne before it fell back to Earth in the grounds of a children's home, said museum director Juri Steiner.

The inflatable turd broke the window at the children's home when it blew away on the night of July 31, Steiner said. The art work has a safety system which normally makes it deflate when there is a storm, but this did not work when it blew away.

Steiner said McCarthy had not yet been contacted and the museum was not sure if the piece would be put back on display.


I also went out and found these other turd related items that I hope will entertain you:

10 comments:

MJenks said...

I don't know if this post is shitty so much as it is craptacular.

Dr Zibbs said...

Nun at orphanage: Children, your parents my not have wanted you but you are special. Today is the first day of the...HOLY SHIT! A GIANT TURD! RUNNNN!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about http://www.ratemypoo.com/ And thank Jeff B. for that one. Not me.

Falwless said...

Oh dear, I just read Mjenks' fart post and now this. I'm laughing too hard to comment.

I hate it when I write something and it ends up sucking. Oh wait, never mind, that's never happened to me.

HAHA, I jest, I jest.

Anonymous said...

Is that story true? For real and true? That is hilarious- and I LOVE that you included Turd McFerguson as your picture. Excellent.

Whiskeymarie said...

My friends and I used to be obsessed with
ratemypoo.com

It's kind of like "hot or not" but brown and squishy.

Mo said...

Heheheheheh. Whew. I always knew turds were funny, but thanks for takin' it to the next level.

Mel O said...

My first reaction was to say "this isn't a shitty post, gwen!"... but then I realized.

oh wait.

YES IT IS!!! bwaaaa ha ha ha ha! Very clever, little lady,

katrocket said...

You cannot post that amazing photo of Norm MacDonald doing Burt Reynolds and then say it's a shitty post. Not possible! That cracks me up so hard.

Anonymous said...

That was craptastic.

Subscribe