Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but I posted my very first ever comment at Grant Miller Media this weekend.  I admitted then and I will admit now, I was drunk.  In my defense, I've been hearing about the phenomenon that is Grant Miller Media for at least a year and his reputation intimated me to the point that I couldn't even lurk.  So Friday night, er, no . . . early Saturday morning I capitalized on the liquid courage running through my veins and commented.  I don't even remember what I said, something about him being a legend, blah whatever.  Stalker.

I got up later the same Saturday morning and made coffee, chugged a soda while the coffee brewed, and logged on.  I wasn't thinking about anything beyond the dull ache in my temples and had forgotten about the drunk comment so you can imagine my surprise when my inbox showed I had a comment from Grant Miller Media.  I freaking panicked, thinking I had made an utter fool of myself and gotten banned . . . and then I saw it: (cue angels) a FACEBOOK FRIEND INVITATION FROM GRANT MILLER MEDIA.

I can't remember exactly what the invitation said but it was something along the lines of having been nominated for The Drysdale Awards.  Hopped up on caffeine and adrenaline, I scurried over to see what the eff this crazy man was talking about.  Lo and behold!  There it was in black and white (or whatever the hell colors he uses over there, I've been too excited to notice):  I had been nominated* for "Most Swear Words in a Single Post."

Proudest moment of my blog career.  It's an honor for my name to even be mentioned in a post alongside the other nominees; being one of them is downright thrilling.

I want to be sure that you know that I know that the series that got me here, Obscenity Week, was a group effort.  It was not all about me.  The whole thing started with a Poobomber widget and in the end I simply cataloged the swears and obscenities that you so graciously left for me in the comments.

In a way, this isn't an award for me, it's an award for us.  So you should probably go vote for yourself right now.  All you have to do is click in the little circle next to "Everything I Like Causes Cancer" under "Blog With The Most Swears" over at Grant Miller Media.


*Thank you, Dr. Z and Fancy Schmancy!  You're breaking my heart, Fancy.  Also, a special shout to Pistols for the nomination for "Most Pictures of The Blogger" but I think Whiskeymarie or WendyB should get that one.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

My widgets help make dreams come true.

paperback reader said...

Ha ha! I just wrote a similarly themed post, too, though mine references me a lot more.

Who would have thunk it?

And congrats on your first Drysdale nominations! I won one last year, and it's all that keeps me going. Well, that and meth.

Mostly meth.

Scope said...

Gwen;

Can I be your "Accepting on behalf of" person?

Please-please-please-please-please?

The extraviganza is basically on my way home, if I can sneak in past Joan Revers.

~E said...

You got nominated for most cuss words in one post?!?!

I think...

Yes, I think I've just fallen in love!

Anonymous said...

I always knew you'd do something great. Don't let Grant intimidate you. He's really a lonely prisoner in isolation with computer privileges twice a week :)

katrocket said...

I'd like you to know that *I* nominated you for that fucking swear word award, so if these cocksuckers give it to you, you'd better fucking share it with me, bitch.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Wow-see what happens, I go away for 5 days and all this shit happens! I feel like I missed out on the prom or something. I got really nervous reading the comments from your Sunday meeting with the girls-I'm glad to know everything is alright and as it should be. I'm going to go vote for you now! It's quite an honor and definitely a piece for the resume! Congrats!

Mermanda said...

I voted the shit out of it.

I'm off to see who this Grant person is...

McGone said...

This is my first Drysdale appearance and it really is an honor. I expect to get better seating at Arby's because of this.

Whiskeymarie said...

I voted for you, you better have voted for me, missy!

But if you win and I don't, I may have to rethink our relationship.

I'm just sayin'...

Dr Zibbs said...

Hey look at me. I'm commenting on this new blog.

SouthernBelle said...

And when you've finished voting the shit out of each other (you exclusive little clubbers, you), make sure to go over to the Funny Gals blog and play the new game they're hosting for me!

here's the link:
http://funnygals.blogspot.com/2008/12/grab-kids-its-group-participation-time.html

Unknown said...

woohoo...i will vote for ya, cause you fucking rock!

RW said...

Who is Grant Miller??

Anonymous said...

Of course I went and voted for you bitch, because when it comes to swearing in blog posts, you're the shit, and I fucking love you!!!

lololol :-)

Unknown said...

I voted for you, but only because I fucking think you're motherfucking awesome.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Nominated and voted for ya!

BeckEye said...

I actually did vote for you, although I was surprised that no one nominated Falwless.

If you end up not winning, I hope you'll post more obscenities. I know if I don't win Blogger of the Year, I won't be surprised, but I'll still have to be angry. I'll have to (finally) post an obscenity-laden entry to express my rage. Of course, I won't post it until after Jan. 1 so I can be considered for your category in next year's ceremony.

mike said...

Fuckin hell yeah I voted for you. Oh... comments don't count? Shit. Bitch. Oh, it's for PAST achievement in swearing? Oh well. I voted for you anyways.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that creative writing class you took paid off. Congrats

Bacon Lady said...

It will be an honor to lose to you.

Will you be joining us at the par-tay?

Subscribe