Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

5/27/2009

This is an award-winning blog. (Duh.)

Posted by Gwen |

I'm pretty sure I have a reputation for writing the blog where memes and awards go to die.  It's sad, but it's true.  And I'm okay with it.  Outside gardening, this corner of the Internets is my creative outlet.  It's where I get to play with words and share stories and make you laugh.  I get to blow things out of proportion and say the things I really want to say.  So I would much rather make up my own crazy writing exercises, like asking you to show me your favorite old shirts or telling me what you like about yourself, than listing YET ANOTHER seven things about me.  Because really?  I ran out of seven things to say about myself a long, long time ago.

(That said, I will occasionally indulge and do a meme but have strict terms:  it must be simple; it can't have been around the block 23,000 times;  and I need to be able to make it my own.)

When it comes to awards I'm slightly less fussy.  I enjoy them when I can tell the award-giver really wanted to tell the award-receiver that they like their blog; I do not like them when it seems that they were conferred simply to follow the rules that came with the award.  People, we don't need no stinking rules.

But these three awards meant something to me when I got them.  It may have taken me months to post them but I was truly honored to have received them.

First up, the Premio Dardos Award, bestowed on EILCC on February 4, 2009 by ~E Deconstructed,"acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write.  Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers.  It's a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

I'm not so sure that EILCC is ethical or literary or adds value to the Web (remember Obscenity Week?) but it does bring people together and that's the reason I keep doing this.  Thanks, ~E!




The "Love Ya!" Award, conferred on EILCC by The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch on March 21, 2009, is given to bloggers who "are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

I seriously love this award but that may be because I seriously love The Lady.



But this next one?  Oh, heavens to Betsy.  This one is special.  It was custom-made for EILCC by my favorite new funny guy and friend, I'm Not Benny, and I couldn't be prouder.

"Gwen from Everything I Like Causes Cancer is full of awesomeness and funny, and you should go read her blog right now. I'm pretty sure, though, that most of the people that come here only found this blog because they were directed to do so by Gwen, from Everything I Like Causes Cancer, so this might actually accomplish nothing at all, because you already know that she is awesome and funny. Even so, you should go comment that you found her site because of me, and deny any previous knowledge of her existence while somehow squeezing into your comment that Imnotbenny is pretty sweet and not a lying asshole at all."

So the next time you don't wipe good enough and your butt starts to itch in that two-hour staff meeting and you can't sneak off to the loo to take care of it?  Just think about EILCC and you'll be cured.  Swearsies.

19 comments:

Cowguy said...

I'm scooting right now looking for the wet grass.

Congrats on your awards from fellow internetians. They are beautiful.

Moderator said...

No one has ever been more deserving. Congratulations!

Dr Zibbs said...

Not posting much..

thanking people as if you're "wrapping things up"...

YOU BETTER NOT BE ENDING YOUR BLOG!

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Never was a blog more worthy of small pictures that fit nicely into sidebars and that reflect the admiration of one's peers.

Anonymous said...

My itchy ass was instantly cured when I clicked on your blog so the award giver Im not Benny is genius!

Sass said...

*scratching my ass*

My computer must be broken, because I'm looking at your page, and my ass still itches.

Fascinating.

You deserve every award every made, except the one that says, "Best at making everyone walk away." or some crap like that.

Whiskeymarie said...

I read "Premio Dardos" as "Primo Tardos".

My way makes more sense, I think.

Soda and Candy said...

Of course your blog cures itchy ass. Because we're so busy laughing that we forget about how itchy our asses are.

I wish I had known about your blog that time I sat near an ant nest in my party frock.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That last award is freaking brilliant! I mean, the other two are nice as well, but that LAST one?

Shoo-eee!

Shoo-eee! (Shoe - E) interj. :
Exclamation used to describe the awesomness of a blog award- particularly one that falls in the number three spot- while simultaneously celebrating the end of incurable itchy ass.

mo.stoneskin said...

Scritch scritch.

Lick.

Scritch scritch.

Unadult(urated) said...

I wish I could get awards

*sighs and looks wistfully into the distance*


Just kidding. I'm not worthy of anything like that.

words...words...words... said...

I see a "Best Blog Post About Awards" Award in your future!

Fancy Schmancy said...

Love that award, awesome! Reminds me of an old adage, "Confuscius say, Man who go to bed with itchy fanny wake up with smelly finger".

SkylersDad said...

Oh terrific, now I have a streak on my carpet!

Oh, yeah, congratulations on your awesome award you awesome girl.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Congrats on your awards! ~E is great! I'll have to check out your other 2 awardgivers. My @$$ is always itchy...could be the wheelchair friction though. TMI? ; )

Check out my 100th post. It's a good way to pass the time while you're scratching.

Cora said...

Now THAT is one mighty fine award there, Gwen.

Bea said...

I'm not Beny is awesome and sent me and
*scrolls*
*stops scrolling and comes back to the comment section all indignant and such*

hey! i followed you first! you're awesome.

congrats on the awards, you better not be finishing your blog *points finger menacingly*

BeckEye said...

It's no wonder that since I started reading your blog, I haven't had to use my "my ass itches" post label very often. (Yes, that label really exists.)

Char said...

hahahaha That Itchy Ass Cure is the best!

Subscribe