1. I recently received a package of UK sweeties from UK sweetie Girl Interrupted. I'm always excited when packages arrive (who isn't?) but when I saw who it was from I shook my ass and hooted and jumped up and down a little. Okay, a lot. And I might have squealed, too. Whatever. Anyway, I wanted to write a show-off post to make you jealous of me but other things like pedicures and parties have gotten in the way. So be jealous, okay? Because I got candy and cookies and . . . my very own jelly to bite, which I did immediately. She even sent treats for my kitties. She clearly likes me better than you.
3. Described in the post below, the "working brunch" I hosted on Sunday was a smash. We only planned to rearrange my living room but ended up doing the entire first floor and the guest room. By simply rearranging things I already owned, we transformed this place. It may sound weird but I've been more productive this week and I think it's because those gals of mine feng shui'd my ass while I was making eggamuffin sammiches and drinking mimosas.
- The entry. This poor room was never a room. It was where I dumped furniture that was functional but that didn't have a real home. Don't get me wrong, it was nice - it had a table and a comfy chair - but it wasn't fulfilling its special purpose which we discovered is to be a bar, drawing guests into roomier parts of the house that never see traffic during parties.
- The living room, formerly populated by a huge queen size sofa bed that is now on the front porch. (Not permanently, you freaks. I'm trying to give it away. Want a couch? Come get it.) With the couch out the room is roomier, and I was finally able to pull all my mission pieces together so they are actually noticeable.
- Speaking of the crowded dining room, a couple weekends ago when I had 16 people over for a crab boil I learned that there was waaaay too much furniture in there. On Sunday we moved the sidetable (pictured in the entry above) out of here and shifted everything to make a wide, clear path around the table.