Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

1. I recently received a package of UK sweeties from UK sweetie Girl Interrupted. I'm always excited when packages arrive (who isn't?) but when I saw who it was from I shook my ass and hooted and jumped up and down a little. Okay, a lot. And I might have squealed, too. Whatever. Anyway, I wanted to write a show-off post to make you jealous of me but other things like pedicures and parties have gotten in the way. So be jealous, okay? Because I got candy and cookies and . . . my very own jelly to bite, which I did immediately. She even sent treats for my kitties. She clearly likes me better than you.


2. My friend Leslie and I went to Shakespeare again last week and saw Twelfth Night. It was great. I'd write a mini review but fellow STL blogger Bridget said everything I had to say and did it better than I would have. Plus I don't feel like it (see laziness above.)



This picture has nothing to do with Shakespeare or duplicitous lovers but we got silly on the walk to the theater that night and took it. Enjoy it.

She and I are having so much fun going to these shows that we've decided to continue doing it after the Shakespeare season is over and to call ourselves The Culture Club. I hope we wear way too much eye shadow.











3. Described in the post below, the "working brunch" I hosted on Sunday was a smash. We only planned to rearrange my living room but ended up doing the entire first floor and the guest room. By simply rearranging things I already owned, we transformed this place. It may sound weird but I've been more productive this week and I think it's because those gals of mine feng shui'd my ass while I was making eggamuffin sammiches and drinking mimosas.

This is the part of this week's announcements where I bore some of you with mediocre pictures of my house that I snapped on the way out the door this morning.
  • The entry. This poor room was never a room. It was where I dumped furniture that was functional but that didn't have a real home. Don't get me wrong, it was nice - it had a table and a comfy chair - but it wasn't fulfilling its special purpose which we discovered is to be a bar, drawing guests into roomier parts of the house that never see traffic during parties.
EILCC, where cats with lasers for eyes guard the front door.
  • The living room, formerly populated by a huge queen size sofa bed that is now on the front porch. (Not permanently, you freaks. I'm trying to give it away. Want a couch? Come get it.) With the couch out the room is roomier, and I was finally able to pull all my mission pieces together so they are actually noticeable.
Beautiful wood, as far as the eye can see.
(That's what she said.)
  • Speaking of the crowded dining room, a couple weekends ago when I had 16 people over for a crab boil I learned that there was waaaay too much furniture in there. On Sunday we moved the sidetable (pictured in the entry above) out of here and shifted everything to make a wide, clear path around the table.

And finally . . .

4. I did not get the wellies that I consulted you about in this post. Z (my former roomie) and I made a deal that I would get them if ten of you said I should, and you did, but they were gone when I went to get them. I was clearly on the fence about them when I wrote the post but now that I can't have them, I can't stop thinking about them. Rat farts.

That's it for today. Have an awesome Gwednesday, monkeys.

15 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

Your place looks awesome and inviting. The perfect place for entertaining.

Mr. Condescending said...

Ohhhh Girl Interrupted is THE BEST isn't she!?

Now bite that jelly!

SkylersDad said...

It is a beautiful place Gwen!

Scope said...

The cat's eye's have me hyp-mo-tized!

words...words...words... said...

Wow. There really IS nothing but gorgeous wood in your house. I love it. I mean, not that I love attractive wood...well, not in the sense that I think you think I...you know what, I'm just going to stop here.

And mission accomplished. I'm insanely jealous of your package from Girl Interrupted.

katrocket said...

Gwensday is my favourite day of the week! Your home is really gorgeous and inviting (just like you). And if I lived closer, I would apply for membership to your Culture Club.

ttmac said...

Save a cookie for me because, yes I am jealous! The place looks fantastic and I saw a load of wellies at Famous Brands. Check it out! I have cute black and white polka dot ones, now I know you're jealous of me! -Snaps!

Soda and Candy said...

Nooooo, you are leopard-wellie-less...

Your house is lovely!!!

Cora said...

Gwen, you have a GORGEOUS house and a kickass guard cat (guard pussy?)

Now, I wanna see video proof of you biting that jelly, missy.

Dr Zibbs said...

Girl I sent you something? Nice.

And your friend Stephanie has nice feet. (and cool shoes)

Char said...

Great job on decorating. Looks so inviting.

Whiskeymarie said...

Laser Cat is staring into my soul...

...and he's telling me to come back to St. Louis, stat! He says he's jonesin' for a dose of nip and that Gwen is bogarting it all for herself. Listen to Laser Cat, Laser cat knows all...

Oh, and the pad looks fab too. You've got some serious wood there, lady.

LegalMist said...

Beautiful spaces!

Sass said...

Everything about your house is so warm and inviting...I love the changes!

'Course I loved it before, too.

Hmm...

I have no clue what I'm saying.

The cat has confused me. I'm confused at the light emanating from your pussy...cat.

I'll stop now.

Son of a Thomas said...

Love the wood and I'm glad you do too;)

I am so depressed about the boots because I had this thing in my head....oh nevermind.

Subscribe