Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Earlier this summer, when I threw out my back, ttmac came over and did some gardening for me because I couldn't and it had to get done. That day, while she and I were discussing friendship and teamwork (and butterflies and princesses), we got the idea for a "working brunch", a brunch that one of us would host where the guests help the host get a particular job done, something that was bigger than her, something that an extra pair of hands or six would make much easier and more fun. Everyone loved the idea.


A couple weeks ago we went to The Plant's and weeded her ginormous back flower bed. We had a ball and the working part only lasted an hour.

Today they are all coming over here to help me rearrange some furniture. I woke up this morning thinking about how lucky I am to have such great friends and about the little critters who finished Cinderelly's dress while she was slaving for the mean stepsisters. My gals and these critters understand the value of teamwork.


Thanks, ladies! You are rocking good friends and I love ya!

12 comments:

SkylersDad said...

It's good to have friends who will help you with chores, moving stuff, burying bodies...

hello haha narf said...

Fantastic idea!! I need to start something like this...

Some Guy said...

That's a great idea!

Sandy said...

A fine idea! Now I need to find myself some minions...err teammates. ;)

Cora said...

Now I'll be singing that song all day! I'm not complaining. I loves me some Disney music.

:-)

katrocket said...

A working brunch is so simple and effective, and look how everyone loves the idea! I think you should patent this concept as "The Cinderelly Brunch" and write a book and go on talk shows so you can get rich and come visit me. We've got some rooms to paint, darlin'. ;)

Scope said...

My mother pulled the same thing after Easter dinner one year.

We dug a fish pond.

Anonymous said...

I take it back. I do not want to be your friend. I'll reconsider when you start the "drinking only" club.

Gwen said...

Whee! My house looks more amazing than I could have ever done alone. Like set for a magazine good. And? Totally too drunk for a Sunday afternoon. The universe rewards cooperation. Snap.

mo.stoneskin said...

I always suspected that you were one of the evil stepsisters...

words...words...words... said...

This is the best reasoning yet for me to go out and make some friends.

Mr. Condescending said...

I belong to a professionals trade group that does similar stuff where we pass clients around to each other, but never thought of people doing it to help each other, that's pretty cool Gwen!

Do you come over and watch guard over each others homes too? Being that St Louis always gets up as the top crime city? Hah.

Subscribe