Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Many years ago my cousin and I got so excited about the Olympics that at the start of the Opening Ceremonies we were jumping around in her living room and singing stupid made-up songs at the top of our lungs. Before long a tune had come together and we had written ourselves an official 'Lympics Ditty. As with much of what we do, we beat that song into the ground. We sang it so many times that we eventually realized you could insert ANY WORDS AT ALL and it was still a great song.

And there you have it: the genesis of our famous (in my mind - and that's the only place that matters) BERFDAY SONG.

Some of you were lucky enough to have been born on days where many years in the future I would feel like writing a berfday blog post for you. Most of those have included the words to this uplifting tune. Many others of you have included me in your Facebook Family and on your berfday I have worked the words into my greeting. All the while, I've been promising to record it because it's better in person. (Oooh! Foreshadowing!)

So yeah, yesterday was ttmac's
berfday! berfday! and we spent the afternoon touring and tasting at a local brewery. No, not THAT ONE; THIS ONE. It was delicious educational. Our second stop was Citygarden where we entertained ourselves mightily (I'll post pictures later) and recorded this masterpiece:


So, if you've had a birthday this year, or if you plan to,
this Special Presentation Sunday Matinee is for YOU.
Because you're special and it's yer fuckin' berfday.

18 comments:

Gwen said...

To Whiskeymarie: I delivered the fun. Please stop shipment of the picture of your butt ASAP. KTHXBAI.

SkylersDad said...

Brilliant! I laughed, I cried, two enthusiastic thumbs up!!

Unknown said...

Whew. Looks like a whole new career in the making!

Elliott said...

This is chief among the reasons nobody knows when my birthday is.

But as long as it's somebody else being embarrassed in public, I say right on!

Ellie said...

It's totally NEVER my birthday ever again.

Char said...

WOW, I think you all should quit your day jobs RIGHT NOW!!!!

;)

ttmac said...

Are we the only freaks that thought this was Frenchin' HI-larious with a capital HI. Hmmmm? I mean we watched it 17 times and it never got old??

Chemgeek said...

I thought you were going to fall into the water. That would have been really funny.

Thanks for the song, but if I accept it do I have to actually accept the extra year that comes along with having a berfday or can I continue to be 34?

mo.stoneskin said...

I can sense a #1 chart spot coming your way.

Scope said...

Ah, the berfday song. LUV IT!

I left an award for you over @ my blog today.

Anonymous said...

That's a standing "O" for you Gwennie. Well not that kind you perv :)

words...words...words... said...

It's eerily reminiscent of "Fish Heads"!

Fish heads Fish heads
Roly poly fish heads
Fish heads fish heads
Eat them up
YUM

Bravura performance. I'm going to the Olympics next month. If you give me your original lyrics, I may swell with American pride and sing it when I get there!

Whiskeymarie said...

Oops- I assumed you wouldn't do anything fun, so the pic is already in the mail. Hope you wanted an 8x10...

Gwen said...

Wordsx3: Well, the 'Lympics version is much the same:

'Lympics! 'Lympics!
It's the fucking 'Lympics!
'Lympics! 'Lympics!
Sing a goddamn soooooong.

I'm going to require proof that you taught it to your friends and sang it.

Gwen said...

Whiskey Rock-a-rolla': I assumed it would take an 11x17 so an 8x10 is just fine. (BWAHAHAHAHA! You set me up for that, woman.)

Girl Interrupted said...

That was superb! Ok, let's cut to the chase ... it's my berfday in March, St Patricks Day to be precise ... and I'm going to be THIRTY!!!!

I think that qualifies for having my very own version of the berfday song ... oh, and if you could dress like a leprechaun and sing it in a broad Oirish accent, it would be even dandier :P

Have a sooper-dooper weekend, Gwen x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Subscribe