Everything I Like Causes Cancer

Where we've been convinced to write a new post on Dec. 2. Stay tuned!

Some time ago I told you about my office fish that died. That fish was named after a co-worker who has since moved up and on but who was a great practical joker. He used to come in early and steal the handsets to our phones and hide them in the library. More than once he went into an office and turned all the furniture upside down.

For a while he and I had a battle royale going on. I once tricked him into eating a vomit flavored Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean. I knew he'd be wise to me so I just casually popped by his office with a handful of jelly beans. I set them on his desk and offered to share. He was leery and refused to eat one until I did so I ate the two I knew were cherry flavored. No matter what he chose it was going to be gross as I had purposefully brought grass, dirt and vomit.

But the best prank ever pulled in our office was this:

100_2236

I wasn't involved in the planning of this but once I saw it I quickly became a part of the execution.

100_2240

The poor guy on the receiving end of this was relatively new - I think he'd been with us a year.

100_2238

Poor chum was traveling when we did this to him.

100_2242

This took A LOT of aluminum foil.  And made one hell of a foil ball when disassembled . . . think play toy for Sasquatch.

25 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Awesome. What happened when the person came in?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious!

I hope no one had any accidents where they accidentally bit down on some tin foil, cause that sucks.

Sass said...

That is brilliance in action. ;)

McGone said...

This looks like the Office Of The Future.

Scope said...

Reminds me bit like the time a construction crew threw plastic sheeting over our server racks while they were expanding the server room. Good times.

As those of you with laptops know, computers can generate a lot of heat. Imagine cabinets of them, under plastic, cut off from their normal cooling air circulation. Luckily in order to save their emergency cut-off thermostats from triggering, some of the boxes just died from baked CPUs or from hard drives warped from the heat.

They later installed an extensive series of temp monitors and alerting in an effort to slam that barn door closed AFTER the cows were out.

It also reminds me of the time T-Bone and I Saranwrapped Binklemann's car.

Some Guy said...

Well done!

H said...

I wish someone in my office had the creativity to come up with an idea like this. Lame ducks I tell ya.

Glad you are back Gwen! We must talk soon.

hello haha narf said...

my favorite trick is to put all of those little circles left in the bottom of the hole punch into brian's kleenex box. one pull of a tissue and EVERYWHERE those little dots fly. fucker deserves it.

although i also love the time i taped the world's worst smelling avon perfume sample under his chair. he thought his cologne turned on him.

now i wanna foil cover something...

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

That office is awesome!

And I love the jelly bean idea - very clever!

Unknown said...

That's fucking great.

But what about the Earth Gwen? Why must you hurt the Earth?

LYDIA said...

I want to steal this idea - would it be horrible if I did?

Falwless said...

This is truly beautiful.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

OMG that is hysterical!!!!!! and yes, that foil could cover a shit-ton-of turkeys!!! HAHAHAHAHA

- Jennifer

Fancy Schmancy said...

That is one of the best things I have ever seen! My co-workers are no where near this creative. We may have to do this to the prez next time he goes out of town...

Anonymous said...

I used to work in an office where there was a group of us who did naughty stuff like this alot. I LOVED it there. LOVED.IT. We once did a whole office in saran wrap, just like this foil thing! Wish we had used foil, it would have been way better! We also filled an office with balloons so we could barely shut the door. We taped the phone handsets down so when people went to answer they'd pick up the whole phone.

God I miss that place. :-)

MJenks said...

A piece of scotch tape over the laser of a laser mouse works wonders.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I love it! That is the greatest thing I have seen in a long time. Way to show the new guy the ropes.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

That fucking rocks. I love it.

Unknown said...

that is GREAT...must be fun to work with such a goofball group!

Elizabeth said...

That's the best office prank I've ever seen. I wish I'd done that to the director of my department back when I had an office job. She would have blown a gasket, something that is long overdue.

Anonymous said...

With all that time on your hands you and Lin could come to my office and help. I'm swamped! :)

paperback reader said...

Two things:

1) That is awesome.

2) According to 1950s science movies, that is what offices are going to look like in the future.

slopmaster said...

yea, I want to hear what the guys reaction was. Gotta say though, pretty wasteful. Couldn't you just take a dump in a bag and stick it in a drawer somewhere?

slop

Mel O said...

OMG!! LOVE THIS IDEA!

I am totally stealing it... how many rolls did he use? ;)

words...words...words... said...

I need to work somewhere where there is enough free time to accomplish such a titanic task!

Subscribe